Active Topics

I purchased a used Nokia N9 in April and I was aware of it having a few scuffs and what not. The usb cable had to be positioned in a certain way in order for the phone to charge. Well, now the port has become very loose and there is no way for it to be charged

My N9 has about 3% battery life. I really don't know what to do. Worst thing is, two of the torx screws are stripped and so I cannot fully disassemble the phone.

Can someone help me please.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87086

http://213.128.137.28/showthread.php?p=1349695

Maybe these will put u in the right direction, try searching before asking?

What about the usb port though?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tom_cranks View Post
What about the usb port though?
Maybe availeble on Ebay ! , use the force, GOOGLE !

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
Maybe availeble on Ebay ! , use the force, GOOGLE !
Depends how the port was broken. If the PINS are broken, you can change it easily. If the port was broken and when it broke it affected the motherboard connectors (meaning 1, 2, 3 pins where the USB is mounted are broken) then only a new N9 will solve your problem.

Take it to a local service!

Unfortunately, I'm not being filled with optimism. I called a repair shop and said that there's a 90% chance of the repair not being successful.

Don't lose hope. I thought the same thing about my N9.. turned out that the USB port was just misshapen.

Are the "straight" sides still straight or are they curved? If curved you may be able to gently massage them back in to shape. I think I did it with a Swiss Army Knife with a tiny blade but I can't remember as it was some months ago. Anyhow, it works and charges without problems.

Also, be sure to use the right cable. My N9 won't charge with the Nokia 710 charger or the N900 cable I have and has always been picky about cables and chargers.

Be gentle with the port, it's the Achille's Heel of the phone (other than Elop). Let us know how it goes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N9WB View Post
Don't lose hope. I thought the same thing about my N9.. turned out that the USB port was just misshapen.

Are the "straight" sides still straight or are they curved? If curved you may be able to gently massage them back in to shape. I think I did it with a Swiss Army Knife with a tiny blade but I can't remember as it was some months ago. Anyhow, it works and charges without problems.

Also, be sure to use the right cable. My N9 won't charge with the Nokia 710 charger or the N900 cable I have and has always been picky about cables and chargers.

Be gentle with the port, it's the Achille's Heel of the phone (other than Elop). Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the reply. The actual connector part inside the port is loose...it can be slid up and down but still stuck to the port. I can video if that helps from my E5-00.

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by tom_cranks View Post
Thanks for the reply. The actual connector part inside the port is loose...it can be slid up and down but still stuck to the port. I can video if that helps from my E5-00.
If that little black thingy inside the USB port you can replace the whole port easily in a local service. A new USB port is about 2-3 $ and how much the service guy is going to ask for his work won't get over 10 $.

If the whole usb is loose, inclusive the metal casing, that's when you have a problem!

Thank you for all your help!

Now I need to find a reputable repair shop in the UK that will do this.