Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
If i remember correctly i posted in this thread and On topic? I guess someone removed it for no reason. What's going on...it's that sneaky mod?
I've noticed that there is a word filter (which must be from the stone age or so), I almost stumbled about the same: writing "smart" and "watch" in one word, thus 4 letters in the middle of the combined word were blank. Luckily I was fast enough to edit my post.

I remember that you wrote it the same way. Maybe your post was automatically removed, because it contained a filtered word. At least a possible explanation.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
And whether there are people among us who can do is create the watch-face on a certain order?
want to increase functionality in conjunction with his n9 ...have little experience - https://openrepos.net/content/alexxxlrus/pebbl

That's when it was side was the watch-face of watchs that could be static display information received from the phone - it would be great ry!

Thanks for your work Wonko. I've updated to the latest version and now email notifications work :-) The pebble displays the number rather than the person's name when I get a text message, is this what you get too? Is this a problem with a lack of a contacts API or just a lack of your time? You might call it a hack but we're very pleased to have some pebble functionality after moving from the N9 to the Jolla.

It's still a wonderful feeling to have Pebble support on the Jolla.

One question @Wonko: is it possible to let the app automatically reconnect when the connection to Pebble is lost? During the workday I often lose connection in the office and I have to manually reconnect each time.

I'm deeply grateful about your wonderful app, I would even buy it

Oh yes, and recombining the contact's name or to work with android application.

Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
It's still a wonderful feeling to have Pebble support on the Jolla.

I'm deeply grateful about your wonderful app, I would even buy it
Well, to be honest, my primary motivation for writing this was rather selfish as I just wanted to get my Pebble to work with my Jolla.
It is actually very nice to see that this is useful and actively used by others as well.
Unfortunately, so far, no one else joined in in the development so the progress is rather slow, right now.

Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
One question @Wonko: is it possible to let the app automatically reconnect when the connection to Pebble is lost? During the workday I often lose connection in the office and I have to manually reconnect each time.
You're right, that's also a feature I was missing.
I don't know why I didn't implement that earlier.
Anyway, I just read that "feature request" while I had some minutes free for coding so I quickly added this feature.

As usual, the latest version can be downloaded from:
https://github.com/ruedigergad/Skipp...l.rpm?raw=true

Besides the auto connect feature, this version also improves the handling of notifications.
E.g., you should now also get proper notifications when an XMPP message arrives.
For other notifications you'll get whatever was contained in the notification message as summary and body along with the name of the app that sent the respective notification.

Edit:
Please note that the first auto reconnect happens about two seconds after the connected state changed to disconnected.
For subsequent reconnect attempts the "Auto Connect Interval" is used.
The motivation for this is to avoid reconnect attempts all the time that possibly drain the battery.

Last edited by Wonko; 2014-04-11 at 20:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Thank you - you are my hero

And by the way: as the most important functions seem to work now, I don't think, that there's any reason to complain about the time it takes to develop the app. Your app is the most advanced pebble integration for the Jolla.

Thank you, that you took the time to fix the bugs, that is not to be taken for granted

Might sound funny, but I'm really happy now. Only some weeks ago I couldn't imagine to finally get completely rid of Android and now I'm about to sell my Nexus 5, cause my Jolla fulfills my needs.

If you take donations, I'm willing to donate

Last edited by geekgirl74; 2014-04-11 at 22:24.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
wait wait wait.....

So the Pebble watch is actually supported by Sailfish OS now???

Yes, at least the most important things are working now.

I'm still hoping for someone helping the dev to iron the last bugs, cause he is short of time.

The repo for the source code is linked on his blog.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Okay, also got it finally connected. Giving the Pebbles bluetooth address manually seems to be the key.

Are Mitäkuuluu notifications working? Have to test that.

Are Wonko and Elleo (dev for Rockwatch) aware of each others work? Maybe pooling resources?

Elleos work is here and I remember there being talk somewhere that some functionality of connecting his app with Pebble was problem for him. Maybe Wonko has solution for that?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=Rockwatch

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post: