Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Since I dont understand the technical side of this patch, just by looking this visually, this looks great, with exception of pulley menus that I would personally see as ugly. Is there a chance to have option which ui-elements are changed and what are not (like leaving the pulley-menus as they are "normally" ?
You can modify my patch in the location

/var/lib/patchmanager/patches/silica-flat-ui/unified_diff.patch

The last part can be deleted as you don't like it.

diff -uNr Original/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/main/MenuIndicator.qml Modified/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/main/MenuIndicator.qml
--- Original/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/main/MenuIndicator.qml 2015-03-16 18:34:49.000000000 +0800
+++ Modified/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/main/MenuIndicator.qml 2015-03-17 08:50:15.419196236 +0800
@@ -9,10 +9,13 @@
import Sailfish.Silica 1.0
import Sailfish.Silica.theme 1.0

-Image {
+Separator {
property bool flip

- source: "image://theme/graphic-pulldown-no-shader?" + Theme.highlightColor
+ height: Theme.paddingLarge
+ width: parent.width
+ opacity: 0.4
+
anchors {
verticalCenter: flip ? parent.top : parent.bottom
verticalCenterOffset: flip ? (parent.spacing - 1) : -parent.spacing

Originally Posted by romu View Post
Another "ugly" issue are the big points on the top of windows which show you can swipe forward or backward. Your patch makes them just plain disks, it appears pretty weird. I'll try to give you some screenshots.
Do you have any good idea to change it?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by SaberAltria View Post
A custom UI is always a personal design,people like it or not, keep it personal Saber, otherwise its general likings and everybody wants different changes in ur own design.

ps I personally like it all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by SaberAltria View Post
Maybe

Idea 1

To keep a bit the "spirit" of Sailfish, and to keep it consistent with your patch, I would evaluate a bit of blur around the disk.

Something like a disk which is plain in its center and vanishes when moving from the center to the exterior of the disk. Exactly as it is right now on Sailfish but without the glass effect.

Idea 2

Keep a plain disk for the current "page" and empty disks for the left ones (just draw the border of the disk).

I run the Snow White ambience whose 2 colors are White and Blue, maybe the blue (so the 2nd color of the ambience) would be better, just something to try.

Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
A custom UI is always a personal design,people like it or not, keep it personal Saber, otherwise its general likings and everybody wants different changes in ur own design.

ps I personally like it all.
well, IF one has the will to develop a software/patch/app/whatever furthermore, its always better if it has various options to choose from to please a bigger amount of people.

Last edited by andreas1; 2015-03-23 at 11:21.