Hi, i need some help

I'm trying to upgrade my N810 to Diablo using the "Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard" with the downloaded Diablo image file.

but it seems that my N810 is locked to the ISP version "2.2007.51-3.4Singtel"

The software wizard shows "unsupposted software update" after i choose the Diablo image file.

Is there anyway to upgrade to the Diablo version on my N810?

Thank you very much in advance , i'm quite new in Maemo here.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If you have mplayer, when you run it, what version does it say that the Internet Tablet tablet is?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Nazaza View Post
but it seems that my N810 is locked to the ISP version "2.2007.51-3.4Singtel"
Interesting. It appears SingTel adds a mio Mobile desktop applet, custom wallpaper, and possibly other items.

I imagine your N810 is still within its 12-month contract period. To stay within the contract, you'll probably need to wait for an official update from SingTel.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
/me strokes my beard

I wouldn't mind getting a dump of the rootfs using 0xFFFF for arm :/ but seeing as it would be a 256MB file to upload...

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Interesting. It appears SingTel adds a mio Mobile desktop applet, custom wallpaper, and possibly other items.

I imagine your N810 is still within its 12-month contract period. To stay within the contract, you'll probably need to wait for an official update from SingTel.
Thank you for posting

actually i bought from singtel with no contract, it just happened to have that singtel firmware in it.

just wonder how it get rid off it and install Diablo

Thanks

There's likely a way to do so using the Linux-based flasher, but I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable than me to advise you on the way forward. I'd hate to steer you wrong and brick your tablet.

Thanks
Try actually answering my question. Seeing actually as I have changed my version string, it may be beneficial to listen :

If you have mplayer, when you run it, what version does it say that the Internet Tablet tablet is?

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
There's likely a way to do so using the Linux-based flasher, but I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable than me to advise you on the way forward. I'd hate to steer you wrong and brick your tablet.
Not in this case. Linux-based flasher only lets you set the hardware revision, not the software version.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I wouldn't mind getting a dump of the rootfs using 0xFFFF for arm...
I'm also curious as to what other changes might be lurking in the SingTel firmware.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I also have a Singtel Nokia N810. When I run mplayer, I get the following:

=====
Internet Tablet OS version: RX-34+RX-44_2008SE_2.2007.51-3.4.SINGTEL_PR_SIO
=====

What does it mean and is there a reason I have to use mplayer to get the version string?

Regards,
Kam-Yung