Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Identical headlines in the same feed or in separate feeds? Like the same story picked up by different news channels?
No, in the same feed. Example from the NY Times attached. In this list there are only a few repeats, but I have seen six identical headlines one after the other.
Attached Images

Is there a way to display all the feeds in the widget. I.e. I have 2 feeds, can I see all unread articles at once from both feeds?

Also is there a way to remove the controls from the widget? i.e. just a square containing my feeds?

Last edited by vi_; 2011-07-13 at 13:47.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
@geneven: In the duplicate posts, is the date inside different? Seems like they update their posts by keeping the same title but changing the publication date.

@vi: the widget doesn't allow that

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Slocan any new update?
QML??

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Slocan any new update?
QML??
No news is good news, right? Well, in a way... Haven't had much time to spend on programming for quite a while, so not much to update. Although it was working OK, the way that the alpha-stage QML interface was interfacing with the existing backend was sub-optimal, so a better route is probably to re-do the backend as well. Part of that was done in Lukija (right now, just a Read-It-Later client), to which I might add the RSS capabilities of FeedingIt (if any artsy people feel like doing some artwork, like icons or interface mock-ups, let me know).

The good news is that I'm starting to have a bit more free time. I've got a small game that I started to hone my QML skills that I'm about to release, and then work to port FeedingIt/Lukija to the N950 will start (which would trickle down to the N900 version).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
No news is good news, right? Well, in a way... Haven't had much time to spend on programming for quite a while, so not much to update. Although it was working OK, the way that the alpha-stage QML interface was interfacing with the existing backend was sub-optimal, so a better route is probably to re-do the backend as well. Part of that was done in Lukija (right now, just a Read-It-Later client), to which I might add the RSS capabilities of FeedingIt (if any artsy people feel like doing some artwork, like icons or interface mock-ups, let me know).

The good news is that I'm starting to have a bit more free time. I've got a small game that I started to hone my QML skills that I'm about to release, and then work to port FeedingIt/Lukija to the N950 will start (which would trickle down to the N900 version).
Oh boy! an N950 version for all 250 of those N950s!

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Oh boy! an N950 version for all 250 of those N950s!
Well, if the goal of my projects was to make it available to as many people as possible, the N900 probably wouldn't be my main target, would it? :-).

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
@geneven: In the duplicate posts, is the date inside different? Seems like they update their posts by keeping the same title but changing the publication date.
There weren't many duplicates today, but the ones I found had different times but the same date, so essentially you are right.

If I could have my wish, in such cases I would rather see just the latest story, rather than successive identical stories with some details added.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
There weren't many duplicates today, but the ones I found had different times but the same date, so essentially you are right.

If I could have my wish, in such cases I would rather see just the latest story, rather than successive identical stories with some details added.
Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, other feeds use the same titles for posting separate articles (just changing the date), so we can't have it both ways... If I change the behaviour, then we'd have missing articles in those other feeds, which is, imo, a worse issue than having duplicated ones.

i slocan

please could you give for people like me, the trick in feedinglt so as to open the link in opera browser.

i would like to open my link's feed only with opera, but i dont know what i have to do and the folder/file which i have to change to obtanis this feature.

thanks