Notices

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
Ok thanks for your help, and fyi. i have had the extras-testing repository enabled all the time. My bad for trusting the "update" to bring me latest version before hitting update 10 times. Must be som mirror sites not replicated or something.
Right! Extras has an older version (0.5.0-1).

Glad it worked.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
while I am in Portret mode, eg. in Channels View and hit the Select View, it rotates back to Landscape View, I can rotate the phone to get it the right way, but it looks "not correct"

Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
while I am in Portret mode, eg. in Channels View and hit the Select View, it rotates back to Landscape View, I can rotate the phone to get it the right way, but it looks "not correct"
I bet that if you try this a couple of times (exit app and restart it) it won't happen all the time. This is a problem of Qt and I hope that it will be fixed in a latter version. There is a recent thread on that in maemo-developers.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
I bet that if you try this a couple of times (exit app and restart it) it won't happen all the time. This is a problem of Qt and I hope that it will be fixed in a latter version. There is a recent thread on that in maemo-developers.
Yea, you are totaly right.

But, thanks again for WifiEye

Wifieye now has 12 votes in extras-testing but there is no option for promoting it to extras. Do you have any idea on what is going on?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
Wifieye now has 12 votes in extras-testing but there is no option for promoting it to extras. Do you have any idea on what is going on?
Has it been in there for 10 days?

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Has it been in there for 10 days?
No

The Following User Says Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I really love WifiEye so far, it is very useful to measure the strength of WLAN networks to find for example a good place for a Repeater to connect several houses with each other. The portrait mode is lovely to use it in one hand only.

Nice additional features would be:

- A logging function (Maybe with GPS?) to capture for example open networks in range / leave it running while you drive to find them

- Let it log only a specific channel so it refresh faster (Would be really helpful)

- A option to show only open / encrypted networks in the graphics (Useful to find open networks in range)

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
While we are wishlists, it would be nice to have a falloff marker (maybe with dome transparency ?) which marks the strongest signal level of a particular AP (like on some vu-meters).

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
WifiEye does not recognize an accesspoint when the accespoint is turned on while WifiEye is auto-refreshing.