Notices

Can someone make a wiki page? or give some tutorial how to install these extra levels ? I got lost after reading all 15 pages xD

Originally Posted by bullion87 View Post
Can someone make a wiki page? or give some tutorial how to install these extra levels ? I got lost after reading all 15 pages xD
I explained it back on page 5 I think, here-> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=49

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
a new tar of the 6-7levels definitly this weekend. id do it now but im nearly there with my next level. Max score is looking to be 1000000 ish though. so its gonna trash the score for what ever level i put it in place of.

Ok this isnt the Huge High score one, as i had a brain wave (and i dont want to put the high score on in the pack) So this is kind of based on the the one to come and its called Birdhouse in my soul.

again if you like it or dont, please feed back. id like more feed back on others as well. Or if you dont want to write just hit thanks so i know people want more.

UPDATE
i replaced the file.

its only change in camera angles, and put a stand under the catapult
playing level should be identical
Attached Files
File Type: txt birdhouse_in_my_soul.txt (6.4 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by cgarvie; 2010-01-30 at 08:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
OK here it is. Meteor Shower. This one has a high score of about 614100 well thats my SCORE :-)

I have had to gzip this one as the files too big.

due to this massive score . I dont plan to put this one in the tar, unless enough people specificly say it should be included.

The plan originally was that the longer you took the higher the score but the harder it was to complete.

but i discovered that the level continues even after all pigs are dead untill all objects stop moving.

so it wasnt quite what i wanted. but its not to bad in the end

Those of you looking at creating levels, might want to look at code as ive used loops and created groups so. if i move the x,y of one of the bird houses the whole structre moves. including the pig inside.
Attached Files
File Type: gz meteor_shower.txt.gz (5.8 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by cgarvie; 2010-01-30 at 09:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
ok here if it works from the n900 is the replacement pack2. unzip and untar file and copy all file in mypack dir to
/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

10 levels in there
up and over
3 little pigs
through the wall
mind the steps
drop
pyramid
oh piggy where art thou
bounce left right
roll over miss piggy
birdhouse of my soul
Attached Files
File Type: gz cag_level_pack.tar.gz (69.7 KB, 28102 views)

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
I see the editor got a manrion in the Maemo weekly news.

I wonder if thats why the normal download of about 20 people per level has shot up to 36 for the tar.

Thanks to people who thanked me :-)
if anyones struggling to get them working (ie if you dont understand tar and such,or any issue for that matter just drop me a line)

and since quite a few people have not got the 10 levels.

Which are your favorite 2.

Mine is the Meteor_shower (not in pack due to its insane high score) and bounce left right

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Hey cgarvie, good work :-)

I'm glad the thread got a mention in the Weekly news letter :-)
I haven't tried your last level yet, but will def give it a go tonight :-0

I'm also very happy that you like "Bounce left right" level :-)

My Blog

Just to clarify a couple of things with replacement pack 2:

1) Do we need to have downloaded the official add-on pack from the Ovi store to get it to work? -I want to but can't due to the current Ovi Store problems.

2) Will the pack overwrite existing, original levels / high scores? If so, is there any way to get them back or back them up afterwards?

3) Will the pack cause any problems with the new official levels when they come back on sale?

Thanks for everyone's work on this, it's a really great game.

Oh, and, is there any chance you could add in Meteor Shower or have an alternate pack with all the additional levels regardless of highscores?

Tags
angry birds, level editor