Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
That looks really nice @igorIt

It looks like it can be done. I hope other payment providers pick this up.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by igorlt View Post
We´re about to have NFC payments in Brazil.

Take a look at this video (it´s in portuguese, but I think you can get the point).

http://youtu.be/o12U6NXgDLw
thats person to person w/ nfc phone. we talking about paying at 7eleven with your nfc phone. like the galaxy nexus s.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
thats person to person w/ nfc phone. we talking about paying at 7eleven with your nfc phone. like the galaxy nexus s.
Be patient, there are companies developing sim cards to make this happen, last I heard.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Did some research on this and found that the galaxy nexus s (phone i know does payments at your local store) has the same controller as the n9 BUT it also has an embedded seccure element as well. is thhere hardwire connection between them?

From the attached picture you can see that the secure element is connected through i2c to the NFC controller, looking at the N9 schematic, the i2c is connected to the OMAP processor/3axis mangnetometer through the main flex/accelerometer/gps(bob). So this is not possible on the N9 without hardware mods and a rebuilt kernel with NFC FRI implementation for secure element support.

Also the SIM is shown connected to the SWP in the picture if this an "air interface"? Then what Arie says is possible without any hardware changes to the board. I think it might be. So go on an endless search for a SIM that has a SE built in it.

Can anyone check what software support we have built in the Kernel in the NFC? The article says in android its in found in the external/libnfc-nxp.

link to my source.
www.nfcworld.com/2011/02/13/35913/uncovered-the-hidden-nfc-potential-of-the-google-nexus-s-and-the-nokia-c7/
Attached Images

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-03-28 at 18:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
We´ve just launched a new video (in english) showing PagSeguro NFC.

http://youtu.be/0dap5eP8BEw

The secure element is needed when you store the credit card data into the NFC.

PagSeguro NFC doesn´t work this way. All the credit card information is always in the cloud.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to igorlt For This Useful Post:
igorlt, can you share that app? it would be great to see it in action.

Originally Posted by koe View Post
igorlt, can you share that app? it would be great to see it in action.
We´re gonna put it soon on Nokia Store. But to use it, you need to have an account on PagSeguro that is available only for brazilian customers.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by igorlt View Post
We´re gonna put it soon on Nokia Store. But to use it, you need to have an account on PagSeguro that is available only for brazilian customers.
When is it going to be available?

Originally Posted by traysh View Post
When is it going to be available?
Between May and June

Will it ever be available for other countries?