Originally Posted by snubmoggy View Post
Thanks for the link, have read it, but not being very techie I am still not entirely clear on this!

I take it from your response that (in your opinion) seeing a useable application for FM transmitter on the N9 is not very likely?

This might just sway me to getting the 808 Pureview instead of the N9. FM Transmitter is a deal breaker for me! :-)

Thanks
Why not both? But I understand completely. The 808 is a better phone in almost all respects. Faster, FM transmitter, USB2go, SD card, more apps, and of course PureView with 41 MP. The 808 will live on for many years thanks to the camera, just like the N8. The N9 is dead by now. If you don't HAVE to have (semi) real Linux the choice is obvious.

well.. the 808 just isnt meego..

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
the 808?

why?! for FM-Transmitter??!!

why not getting the N900?

808 is the best phone for a mainstream photographer who dont want to carry a dslr camera . All the rest of features can be found in n900 , on a pro and better os than symbian

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
Originally Posted by toki View Post
well.. the 808 just isnt meego..
totally agree with you!

The N900 isn't meego either. Hell, the N9 isn't even meego. Besides, I already got the N900 and the N9 and the N800, so...

The 808 got it all. It isn't Maemo but it sure as hell is a real upgrade. USB2GO, DLNA, HDMI, SD card, FM rx tx, the best camera (MP, optics, dedicated processor) that we are going to see in several years.

The N900 was special and capable. The N9 on the other hand, is more of a poor excuse not to buy an iPhone or a GSII than getting something really special, special in the capable sort of way. I like the N9, the looks, the OS, and it works just fine. But the camera is nothing special, no SD card, no FM tx, no HDMI.

Except for ordinary phone capabilities, the camera is the thing I use most, by far. So 808 it is, then I know I will get quality pictures all the time + lots more. It's that simple.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
The main things I miss going from the N900 to the N9 are FM TX and the HW KB. Another thing I miss... is the hardware camera button (kind of hard to cycle while taking a picture on the N9).

Seems to me despite the superior OS on the N9 (and I do love it mind you), the 808 may actually tick more of my boxes

Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
The main things I miss going from the N900 to the N9 are FM TX and the HW KB. Another thing I miss... is the hardware camera button (kind of hard to cycle while taking a picture on the N9).

Seems to me despite the superior OS on the N9 (and I do love it mind you), the 808 may actually tick more of my boxes
camera hack app may help you , it makes you up volume key acts aa a shutter

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
camera hack app may help you , it makes you up volume key acts aa a shutter
1) While the app does work, if you are attempting to take a picture with one hand, it still requires hand gymnastics (which is difficult when you are cycling and attempting to take a photo)

2) the Vol+ button isn't a 2-step button like most hardware camera buttons; it's difficult for a software solution to compete with hardware solutions in cases such as these. I'm still trying to get over the loss of the HWKB going from the N900 to the N9.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
As I said you're best-off asking there, "AFTER" you've read most of the thread.
The answer is that there is no 100% certainty on this yet...
If someone can donate/lend a N9 to javispedro, he may be able to rule it in/out once & for all.
As I said - I "DID" read it, but not being techie I wasn't sure so wanted to check peoples views on here. Thanks anyway