Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
if I had a camera here i'd make you a video. i just crashed angry birds 4 times in a row swiping it away from the side. err wait, so if it thinks it's in landscape mode, the side swipe can close it? maybe that's why. i'll experiment some more.
-edit-
Yeah **** I can't belive I'm accidentally closing apps for like 3 months because of that. I changed the bug to a feature request. It definitely shouldn't be closing apps when I swipe from right to left if I'm not holding the phone sideways (but the app is locked in landscape). It's debatable what it should do if I am.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-12-13 at 21:24.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Can you guys vote for mine? It's really important. I will comment & vote for some more of yours later...
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=96
really important!?!? Are you ****ing serious? Your talking about one app so far that need some lib cause you dont hve time rewrite you app. And then saying nokia should enabled it? Do you realise this may take manpower from nokia for stuff that is WAY more important for endusers!?

for example:

improve browser
better video support
full copy/paste support
mgnifier glass working everywhere
fixed bugs in firefox

your request is NOT important. Yes your conky app was good on n900 but personally I think you should use your time learning QML instead of argue about that library on bugzilla. Just wonder how much time you and nokia engineers usex arguing about it so far...

we geeks has to see it in bussines/enduser perspective also. Not only what we want. Again thefe is way more important stuff to be fixed and we all know the team has lowbudget and even if some lib could b enabled easy this takes times in big organisation. And even its unlikely it could break.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Hi Mike,
When they disabled something for no reason they can think of, I can ask they turn it back on. If they're too busy improving the web browser or something, FINE. They didn't say that. They said "it's probably too late". So, the bug stays open until they decide if it's "really to late". The fact remains that without aegis, I can enable the missing library, so the ball is in their court. I don't see any arguing, so why don't you go find something else to rant about?
Thanks,
Lance

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Hi Mike,
When they disabled something for no reason they can think of, I can ask they turn it back on. If they're too busy improving the web browser or something, FINE. They didn't say that. They said "it's probably too late". So, the bug stays open until they decide if it's "really to late". The fact remains that without aegis, I can enable the missing library, so the ball is in their court. I don't see any arguing, so why don't you go find something else to rant about?
Thanks,
Lance
well if you have problem with aegis go open mode....

Open mode is only available on PR 1.1 for something like the last 4 days now, it took a long time to get the required kernel sources from Nokia. It even has some bugs, and it's not exactly easy or safe for the average user to go reflashing the kernel.
I guess I will try that on the n950 asap, but even if everything works I am not optimistic that Nokia will enable the missing extension. From the comments on my bug report it sounds like no new features will be added to the N9 at this point. I don't know how you guys complaining about that bug report get mad about anything other than Nokia selling us a device and refusing to support it within a month.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
If you've not done so, everyone vote for bug #198!

This is a particularly nasty bug, that's been affecting many in very dramatic ways.
It has to be in PR1.2 or preferably sooner, but there's still some doubt that it will be.

See the devs comments here....
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/sho...cgi?id=198#c25
He is sending an email to the head of Nokia Harmattan, but he also wants us to vote!

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
if I had a camera here i'd make you a video. i just crashed angry birds 4 times in a row swiping it away from the side. err wait, so if it thinks it's in landscape mode, the side swipe can close it? maybe that's why. i'll experiment some more.
-edit-
Yeah **** I can't belive I'm accidentally closing apps for like 3 months because of that. I changed the bug to a feature request. It definitely shouldn't be closing apps when I swipe from right to left if I'm not holding the phone sideways (but the app is locked in landscape). It's debatable what it should do if I am.
Felipe Contreras explained in his blog why it works the way it does.*
(He was the guy that got swipe-to-close squeezed into 1.1)
But yes it's debatable whether the current implementation is ideal, possibly not overall.
Anyway they say they're "fixing" this now....
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=387

*mainly in the comments section of his post IIRC.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-19 at 12:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Please, kindly add your votes to Bug 378 I posted 10 days ago. There are only two votes to it and it's not enough to get Nokia's attention.

Much appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Please vote.....
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...80#post1140280
Should be a fairly simple fix, & should not be allowed to remain broken.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Also guys please vote for:

472, 473 & 474

Thanks..

EDIT: Its regarding inbuilt IM app issues for Facebook, Google Talk & Skype..

Tags
bugtracker, bugzilla, debugging, feature request, harmattan, nokia