Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Are you trolling or just stupid? or both? N900 supports Ovi files . If you dont use it its your fault
did you try opening it?
right now, it wont sign in
before, it used to say that n900 is not supported and ovi suite should be used or something along the lines..

I have always been of he oppinion that the N900 software would have looked a lot different if important Nokia staff had been required to live with it for say a month - with no right to use any other phone at least during office hours.

It's critical that decision makers and designers gets that kind of feedback, to force them to make more qualified decisions.

Sorry for an OT post, but this thread seems to be focused on OT or not OT

The Following User Says Thank You to pwm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
you attacked first
2nd
anyone who uses that service got that mail..
including me
3rd n900 never supported this in the first place
that makes it off topic
4th its not about me being a moderator, its about you getting your facts straight
but sure
whatever
thanks for sharing that information.
have a nice day

Attacked?

Lets recap for those playing along at home, shall we?

Um, I posted to open this thread and you replied with a negative remark about relevance... adding nothing more.

I then replied that I would STFU if what you say is so.

Apparently not happy with this solution you continued to hijack the thread, steering it instead toward even more negativity.

I then offered another solution to this dilemma that seemed to confront only you.

Now that other members have replied that they believe the thread was informative and relevant you wish to change the narrative to reflect that somehow I attacked you.

This is what we have affectionately called the "Sheldon Cooper syndrome*" around here.
(*Not to be confused with the Whistling-face syndrome)

Personally I think that this kind of passive aggressive negativity sucks enthusiasm out of members and casual viewers alike. A variation of this "Sheldon Cooper Syndrome" may have been the antecedent that has prompted contributing members (like the one noted in my signature) to leave this place.
This is not a good thing but alas, I am now OT and perhaps this subject can be explored in another thread.

...in any event I am putting on my "Whatever Dude" hat and moving on.

I hope this thread remains as a marker for when Nokia began finally making the visible changes in OVI that some believe have been needed for quite some time.

**Examples of the talk.maemo.org SheldonCooper syndrome can be found >> HERE <<

Regular TMO member: We think we can help you with your problem.
Sheldon: Oh, I doubt that. I haven't figured out a way, and I'm much smarter than all of you.
Regular TMO member: Yes, buy you're not smaller than all of us put together.
Sheldon: I'm sorry, that is what I meant.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
did you try opening it?
right now, it wont sign in
before, it used to say that n900 is not supported and ovi suite should be used or something along the lines..
Yes I did. It opens a website which suggests to use desktop to download Ovi Files program if you have the program you skip that screen and type your credentials to log in. N900 supports this service as much as any other Nokia phone. However, as I said earlier that service doesn't work well, its hard to use it but possible. Right now I'm removing my files from there I dont like cloud based services at all

and yes Nokia services are horrible , I was more frustrated by Ovi mail than this service. It never worked well with N900 I think Nokia will discontinue it sooner or later

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
I too received this e-mail (in the middle of the night). And then this morning, I received the update notice below (on a Mac running Snow Leopard). WTF? Talk about one hand not talking to the other! I half expect a monkey to fall out of my phone the next time I open up the back. What a bunch of clowns.
Attached Images

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
No Ovi Files? Ovi Fails.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I used it a couple of times to connect to a Windows PC. Sad to see it go though. I guess the costs were too high.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
No Ovi Files? Ovi Fails.
True that^

The optimist in me is hoping this is in preparation of a "do over".

I did sign a non-disclosure for the OVI beta and I hope what I am about to say isn't in violation but at this point, meh.

When I first entered the OVI beta site I was presented with the exact same caveat regarding N900's that was posted for N900 users of the original OVI.

Originally Posted by Nokia (paraphrased)
You can't do this, and dont expect that, blah, blah, blah...
What steamed my clams though was that there wasn't a framework for the N900. There wasn't even a road map outlining what to expect for our efforts. Only that, "Nokia and the OVI team were looking forward to your contribution". (I would insert a "wanker" icon here if this wasn't a family place. )

Needless to say I didn't participate much so I was surprised to get an invite to download the next beta release. Guess what I was greeted with then? The same dang disclaimer.

Not a dang thing regarding the N900 was in the change log from what I saw. (The wanker icon switches hands without missing a stroke. ).

Who knows what any of this means?
And I doubt if even Nokia does.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-09-03 at 02:39.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
I for one am devastated to see Ovi Files go away!!!! I have 5.8GBs of data stored there since the N82 days. People who never used it don't understand. With Ovi Files it was a free and simple way to get virtual access to your computer via any web browser and internet connection. It was simple, just browse your files on your phone/other pc just like you are on your host computer as long as the host PC is connected to the web.

ALSO, there was an Anytime Files feature that allowed you to upload your files to the cloud so that even if the host PC was not online, you could access your files. I used to download documents, pictures and software to my N82 no matter if I was thousands of miles away from my desktop.

Free, Fast, Simple and Everywhere. For people to say it is not relevant and then give the OP a hard time about it or that no one cares goes to show that some of you didn't own a Nokia before the N900 while others don't know much about Ovi other than Ovi Store......

As long as they don't take away Share on Ovi......

Thank you OP for posting the information.

The Following User Says Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Attacked?

Lets recap for those playing along at home, shall we?

Um, I posted to open this thread and you replied with a negative remark about relevance... adding nothing more.

I then replied that I would STFU if what you say is so.

Apparently not happy with this solution you continued to hijack the thread, steering it instead toward even more negativity.

I then offered another solution to this dilemma that seemed to confront only you.

Now that other members have replied that they believe the thread was informative and relevant you wish to change the narrative to reflect that somehow I attacked you.

This is what we have affectionately called the "Sheldon Cooper syndrome*" around here.
(*Not to be confused with the Whistling-face syndrome)

Personally I think that this kind of passive aggressive negativity sucks enthusiasm out of members and casual viewers alike. A variation of this "Sheldon Cooper Syndrome" may have been the antecedent that has prompted contributing members (like the one noted in my signature) to leave this place.
This is not a good thing but alas, I am now OT and perhaps this subject can be explored in another thread.

...in any event I am putting on my "Whatever Dude" hat and moving on.

I hope this thread remains as a marker for when Nokia began finally making the visible changes in OVI that some believe have been needed for quite some time.

**Examples of the talk.maemo.org SheldonCooper syndrome can be found >> HERE <<

Regular TMO member: We think we can help you with your problem.
Sheldon: Oh, I doubt that. I haven't figured out a way, and I'm much smarter than all of you.
Regular TMO member: Yes, buy you're not smaller than all of us put together.
Sheldon: I'm sorry, that is what I meant.

ughh...
oki?
sure
knock urself out