Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by telecomgeek79 View Post
Same thing happened to me!! Couldn't do the "connect to Internet" in time, until I had WIFI access @ a friends house. FOR me, rebooting with the USB connected to the computer allowed me some extra time to do the "connect to Internet" on the phone.

I am uninstalling this app. do to 1) No cancel button if the internet is not working 2) doesn't allow me to get out of th program if the internet didn't work for it's connection

telecomgeek79

(not needing facebook as much as my phone capabilities (and all the other things, email, etc.))
Doing the same.

please remove this app from repository while it really bricks a phone if no internet connection !

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Hmm maybe also connected to this problem... Anyone recognised that the Notification lights and the Keyboard LED isn't vorging anymore?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by sandworm View Post
please remove this app from repository while it really bricks a phone if no internet connection !
It's in extras-devel where applications CAN be broken. Facebrick is not broken, it's only the desktop widget which asks for internet connection. You can still use the facebrick application which does not brick your phone if you turn off the desktop widget. These are two seperate parts which may be separated in the future. Don't blame anyone here if you're bricking your phone by installing apps from extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gri View Post
It's in extras-devel where applications CAN be broken. Facebrick is not broken, it's only the desktop widget which asks for internet connection. You can still use the facebrick application which does not brick your phone if you turn off the desktop widget. These are two seperate parts which may be separated in the future. Don't blame anyone here if you're bricking your phone by installing apps from extras-devel.
He's right.

Originally Posted by brik View Post
If you're having problems with "Unauthorized source IP", could you open the terminal and try this?

sudo gainroot
apt-get remove --purge facebrick
apt-get remove --purge libqfacebook

apt-get update

And then either reinstall it through the terminal or the App manager.
not to be annoying.. but since the pr1.3 update.. im having the Unauthorized source IP error again..

iv tried doing the xterm thing (as above) and it still wont work.. =(

help?

I can confirm the same problem as Toki

Well, and here is the reason why... bye bye Facebrick:
http://blog.rburchell.com/2010/09/fa...ne-for-me.html

--edit--
Ok, seems I spoke too soon
http://blog.rburchell.com/2010/10/fa...nix-rises.html

...but it is still broken.

Last edited by Jaco2k; 2010-10-28 at 15:56. Reason: False alarm

Dear all,

I try want to read one of my friend's wall and to see the info I posted to his wall,
how can I do that by the facebrick mainwindow.cpp ? can I just change the session userid into friend uid in the QL string ?

I update that but gives out the error as this, thank you for your help and thank you for you great API
facebook error is 94 - "uid in the where clause must be the session user"

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser