Notices

Pls tell me yes!!

i would like to play psx games on the nokia N900..

and i still dont deside to buy the omnia or the N900...

the N900 cost the doble...and omnia do everthing..with the windows mobile can emulate a lot of roms!!...

dam what should i buy??

a psx emulator for n900 will come soon afaik

Originally Posted by thecursedfly View Post
Omg..thats so so good news...cuse i love everthing of the n900...but in playing games seems very poor..and is an important point, cuse is fun and good for speending time, when you have nothing to do. hehe

i still thinking nokia n900 or omnia i900???

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by thecursedfly View Post
Uh, where are you getting this info from? I haven't seen anyone in the development community claiming they're working on a PSX emulator so... source please?

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Uh, where are you getting this info from? I haven't seen anyone in the development community claiming they're working on a PSX emulator so... source please?
Yea I would like to know as well. we need some proof here

Also that PSX emulator wasn't isn't really finished I believe. The 1.0 has allot of people waiting for it.

I think n900 with psx emulator, and some snes - gameboy emulator, will be the best smartphone for years, and sure there must be developing games for maemo5...like gamesoft ppl..have nice games.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Dominican Republic
Im not a programer but the open pandora have similar hardware, and theres a lot of emus on dev for open pandora, i think with a little bit of coding those emus can be ported to the n900. Open Pandora is Arm Cortex A8 based as the n900 is.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Earth, 38.830000, -77.00000

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
N900 will come around down the road, but:

Android already is better than any other OS for emulators. All of their emulators works better and have higher compatibility rates. An example is GBA, since most of the games that do not work on the Maemo GBA emu work fine on Android and the G1, not to mention Final Burn and MAME. Droid with a good d-pad would make Android the King of emulators- for now.

N900 does not equal Pandora, since Pandora is overclocked and shuts almost everything down to achieve playability with PSX.

Not slamming the N900, since it has other far greater strengths, but it will have a long way to go to equal what Android already does on a far less efficient OS. No doubt that the N900 will catch up... I hope

Android already emulates GBA, NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega, Game Gear, Neo Geo, Capcom CPS and MAME. All of the games that were slow on the G1 overclocked to 528mhz play smooth on Droid. Even some of the more demanding Neo Geo and Cave games. Just needs a good d-pad (G1 at 528mhz plays 90% of the games great with sound).

I have a PSP loaded with emus and a Dingoo, so I can wait. Given the N900's less resource hungry OS, the N900 should be even better than Droid, which is already AMAZING for game emulators

BTW, I got used to the G1 KB for games, so hope the N900's is at least equal to it- which is not saying much.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-12 at 13:23.

My brother has HTC HD2 and has downloaded this emulator today and is working with no problems. It has been released today as i have been told. Is there anyway to convert this to work on the N900? The file is a CAB file and N900 used DEB files if i understand correctly?

Yeah just wanted to know if this could be converted in any way as i really want this on my N900

Heres the link of the download if anyones interested.
http://www.fpsece.net/

Thank you.