Notices

Will the super apps Garmin GPs work on N900??? im from south america and is the only GPs app that works..i can upload my country maps so easy.

pls any clue???

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No.

Unless Garmin ports it of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
No.

Unless Garmin ports it of course.
to bad, so pls explain me..wish apps use for location? google maps? cuse for example in my country i need to upload the maps and locations to the garmin...
this is realy importan to me.. i travel alot..
but im from i south american country...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Ovi Maps is built-in. Maemo Mapper based on Google/Yahoo/VirtualEarth/OpenStreetMap will come eventually. There will be more after the release probably.

I do not see Garmin, TOM TOM and any other major navigation provider jumping on the N900 until N900 gets DRM.
Until N900 has DRM their software is going to be vulnerable. Leading them to lose their money. Because almost everybody is going to pirate that software. And that is why you still have not seen any big players on N900 yet as ereader and such.

Even with DRM people still pirate software (but false perceptions I guess). Not to mention if they were smart they could just make you pay for navigation so even if their maps and all got pirated, it wouldn't be useful unless you paid whomever for directions and navigation. But oh well. =P

Then there's the issue I don't think DRM is coming to Maemo 6 (and its unknown whether the n900 will be upgradable to Maemo 6)

I don't see Garmin porting their software to other devices, have they even ported it to the iPhone? I could see companies like TomTom who have been more open about it if the n900 is popular enough.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Ovi Maps is built-in. Maemo Mapper based on Google/Yahoo/VirtualEarth/OpenStreetMap will come eventually. There will be more after the release probably.
Well OVI maps seems to ve good and maybe the one i use...but i have to pay for using??? or i just use my GPS device form the N900?

I think the plan right now is to only pay for voice guided navigation on Ovi Maps. You can get the maps and directions for free, but if you want to use it as a voice guided navigation device then you gotta pay.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

thks Laughing Man...maybe n900 is the best choice...i think i buy

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
the n900 doesn't have voice guidance though?