Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Something has gone terribly wrong with the N9 construction. Especially at the top of the device and at the edges.

the materials are peeling off

edit: That is why I think the white N9 has better durability in the test of time.
True My white N9 still looks the same since the time I changed the housing from black 7 months ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
I might try to change the housing to white, but I'm too scared of breaking something. (Unless this is all too easy TheN9er?) Plus I think spending more money on the N9 to do this wouldn't be worth it.

Next time, I might go with a Nexus or even (heaven forbid!) an iPhone, the SW itself has too many little quirks. While we have some brilliant community-sourced tweaks, and some other fantastic apps, we're still lacking a decent web browser, a decent facebook app, and most annoying of all, the stock music player doesn't do gapless playback.

Running android would be great, but nitdroid is a bit of a pipedream anyway. IMHO, the N9 is just too much of a niche phone now (we can think Mr Elop for that), which is a real shame. But props to this enthusiast community!

The Following User Says Thank You to zerodb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerodb View Post
I might try to change the housing to white, but I'm too scared of breaking something. (Unless this is all too easy TheN9er?)
Lol. It actually wasn't easy since I stripped 4 of my screws trying to change the housing. I had to put everything back together and take it to my friends shop since he had a dremel. Other than that, you'll be fine. Plus, it feels like a new phone in your hand.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheN9er View Post
Lol. It actually wasn't easy since I stripped 4 of my screws trying to change the housing. I had to put everything back together and take it to my friends shop since he had a dremel. Other than that, you'll be fine. Plus, it feels like a new phone in your hand.
Sounds like an accident waiting to happen

The Following User Says Thank You to zerodb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
this issues are common on the black n9. i dont know how it looks like with the cyan and magenta ones but the white one doesnt have such problem. i changed my housing from black to white after 1 month thou my black housing looks very good so far

now after 9 months, my white n9 looks like fresh outa box =)

The Following User Says Thank You to v0id For This Useful Post:
I have my black N9 for a year now, no pealing issues or things coming off. And i can tell you that it has fallen a few times on the concrete, hard hits. a few scratches on the back, nothing more.

Originally Posted by nokiasempre View Post
I have my black N9 for a year now, no pealing issues or things coming off. And i can tell you that it has fallen a few times on the concrete, hard hits. a few scratches on the back, nothing more.
I have a black n9 16g 5 months old. In he beginning I was very careful opening the usb cover (was kind of hard to do it). Now it is looser, i found an easier way though: push down with the fingernail just before the extruded circle and pull back at the same time. The cover pops up smoothly!!!