Title says it all.

Ever since I switched over to AT&T I have been having some very strange issues with my device (read: ever since a customer service rep. suddenly pulled the battery out while it was running)

1. The N900 has been rebooting with the following message on restart:

unexpected reboot, your kernel settings were not saved

2. There have been sudden changes in all titles (everything has a bunch of letters and numbers before things as simple as yes and no buttons).

3. I am also asked to allow roaming to connect to the network internet (otherwise I cannot connect) even though I am fully within the coverage area. Even then the connection keeps getting disconnected.

4. X-terminal returns no errors.

So I decided to attempt a flash ( renamed firmware and eMMC as RX-51.bin and R.bin respectively)

However, when I run :

flasher-3.5.exe -F R.bin -f -R

I receive:

R.bin: %m

Any thoughts?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Try to flash the kernel only? I'm not an expert, but this section of the wiki might help you:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...a_FIASCO_image

Also, I'd punch the customer service rep.

The Following User Says Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Naomik View Post
Title says it all.

Ever since I switched over to AT&T I have been having some very strange issues with my device (read: ever since a customer service rep. suddenly pulled the battery out while it was running)

1. The N900 has been rebooting with the following message on restart:

unexpected reboot, your kernel settings were not saved

2. There have been sudden changes in all titles (everything has a bunch of letters and numbers before things as simple as yes and no buttons).

3. I am also asked to allow roaming to connect to the network internet (otherwise I cannot connect) even though I am fully within the coverage area. Even then the connection keeps getting disconnected.

4. X-terminal returns no errors.

So I decided to attempt a flash ( renamed firmware and eMMC as RX-51.bin and R.bin respectively)

However, when I run :

flasher-3.5.exe -F R.bin -f -R

I receive:

R.bin: %m

Any thoughts?
%m usually comes when the path of the bin is wrong or not found. So I would like to ask if you are using Windows or ubuntu?

If it is windows, you are expected to type
Code:
flasher-3.5.exe -F C:\XXX\XXX\R.bin -f -R
My Suggestion, move the "bin Images" into the folder
Code:
C:\Program Files\Maemo\Flasher3.5\
Then run the command as you have typed earlier. Make sure filename is correct.

Also If you are trying to flash the eMMC, do make sure you have Nokia PC Suite and Follow the guide as stated by RiD in the above post.
These instructions are for Windows....

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2011-04-16 at 12:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post:
if the eMMC is R.bin then why are you appending -R to the command!?

The Following User Says Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
in my case %m showed up when i typed the image name wrong, or didn't even have the image file in the folder

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
The most easiest way is to. Drag the file to the maemo flasher window. It will automatically register its location. And click enter.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garcel For This Useful Post:
I didn't mean to ad the -R when posting

I've been running through everything and have the flasher recognizing the commands at this point. However, it will not recognize the device. I have found the workaround for windows 7 (Current OS) and still nothing. I get the dim Nokia screen with the USB and the flasher keeps looking for a suitable device.

I have never had this many problems flashing before

Just use unetbootin with a flash drive and hopefully that way it should remove a lot a variables like bad drivers or something in windows interfering with the process.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:

I've been running through everything and have the flasher recognizing the commands at this point. However, it will not recognize the device. I have found the workaround for windows 7 (Current OS) and still nothing. I get the dim Nokia screen with the USB and the flasher keeps looking for a suitable device.

hi guy..anybody can help me about tweak flash player can't running app.game at facebook..pls help me..

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK

OK. Windows 7. I hope it is not 64 bit as it still has issues. If you are using 64bit, you will need to use a virtual machine to Flash.

Alternatively Try the following if using a 32bit OS.

1. Turn Off your N900 completely. (Also no USB Cable attached at this point)
2.Make sure you have Nokia PC Suite or OVI PC Suite installed. (Nokia Connectivity Drivers is needed for eMMC Flashing)
3. Run the flasher command (FIASCO Image to be flashed first)
4. Now connect the cable to the N900 and keep U pressed.
5. The flashing should begin without any hassle.. May take not more than 10 seconds to start.
6. Run the flasher command (eMMC Image to be flashed last)

Note: Do not use -R while flashing FIASCO Image

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2011-04-17 at 09:49.