Hi, I am looking at buying the n9. I have run my n900 right to its last breath (tears...) The n900 has been an amazing phone and I am sad to see it go. What I am wondering is, does the N9 have any major problems occurring like certain models of the n900 had? For example, the N900 had a micro usb problem right off the assembly line. Is there anything like that I should be worrying about with the N9 or any other recurring problems that people have had? thanks for any advice.

The Following User Says Thank You to lobes For This Useful Post:
screen..........

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Screen? Whats with the screen?

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
imperfections in the screen, but those you'll only notice when the screen is supposed to be completely black(but on)

When the screen is off or when something's playing, you wont notice it.

@ lobes, you have had only 5 post for last 3 years. I don't know if you have read any post about n9 in this fr. I think you will be interested in n9 as your n900. N9 to me stays apart from others on the market. It has some minor issues but there are solutions and many dev still assist us everyday. Just go throw as much as possible all the topics here and I think you have the base to decide

I had two N9, the first one the micro-USB broken and the second one the power button gone crazy (shutdown automatically), maybe it's just bad luck?

Originally Posted by lobes View Post
Hi, I am looking at buying the n9. I have run my n900 right to its last breath (tears...) The n900 has been an amazing phone and I am sad to see it go. What I am wondering is, does the N9 have any major problems occurring like certain models of the n900 had? For example, the N900 had a micro usb problem right off the assembly line. Is there anything like that I should be worrying about with the N9 or any other recurring problems that people have had? thanks for any advice.
The main issues from what I've read are significant quality differences between AMOLED batches (color tint, dark blotches that can be seen on low brightness/dark images, and grays that can turn purple at low brightness if the green pixels don't work right), GPS issues, and power button issues. I don't believe there are USB issues as widespread as what happened to the N900. I have only had my device for a few days, those are just some of the common issues I noticed here on TMO.

As far as the screen goes, it's a first-gen AMOLED screen and there are tons of issues that can be easily found if you know what you're looking for. For the sake of your sanity, I would avoid looking into them unless you can tell without a doubt something doesn't look right. The main thing I would try to check is that the grays on your screen don't turn purple at low brightness, because I dealt with that on a nexus one and it was pretty bothersome.

The Following User Says Thank You to eviloar For This Useful Post:
Mic problems.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I've never had any problems with the screen or microphone, but the power button indeed seems to be starting to act up.
I guess the button is mechanically some flimsy tiny bubble-type cheapie that wears little by little in use.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: