Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I would really like it to start at Portrait orientation. But it always launches as landscape so you have to manually change it to portrait everytime. Is there no way to change this?
I haven't found out how to change this yet.
But it's on my list the 1st priority..

Originally Posted by seva.lapsha View Post
Anyone managed to switch keyboard layout in Sygic? In the settings I can select Russian/Greek keyboards, but cannot choose them when I go to typing the address. There is a button seemingly mentioned to switch layouts, but it disabled.
Works for me (it's the globe button on the bottom right of the keyboard).

Thanks ! changing menu and loosing warning site worked fine for me.
I have another problem:
Sygic uses lots of power. In found it necessary to continuously connect the device to the charger while driving.
In portrait mode the connection for charging is on top of the device - which causes the charging cable hanging around stupidly, and possible damage to the connector.
Is it possible to flip over portrait mode 180 degrees ?

The Following User Says Thank You to willem43 For This Useful Post:
thanks a lot this is a very good mod , but i would like to make a silly connection .
How can i return back to desktop (for opening another application) if i have fullscreen (i know the way with the backspace) but lets say that i have the phone on the navigattion case in my car , where i can not open the keyboard or press the shut down button.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by dimkit View Post
thanks a lot this is a very good mod , but i would like to make a silly connection .
How can i return back to desktop (for opening another application) if i have fullscreen (i know the way with the backspace) but lets say that i have the phone on the navigattion case in my car , where i can not open the keyboard or press the shut down button.
you can install camkeyd, which enables pressing the cam-button half the way (if the camera-slider is closed) to open the taskswitcher.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by willem43 View Post
Thanks ! changing menu and loosing warning site worked fine for me.
I have another problem:
Sygic uses lots of power. In found it necessary to continuously connect the device to the charger while driving.
In portrait mode the connection for charging is on top of the device - which causes the charging cable hanging around stupidly, and possible damage to the connector.
Is it possible to flip over portrait mode 180 degrees ?
also it would be nice to change the orientation based on the accelerometer.
Sygic, are you reading this?

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-03-20 at 09:09.

There's an app in extras-devel called camkeyd (or the like) which lets you use the camera button as task-switcher.

[EDIT] beat by a minute...

The Following User Says Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Is there anyone who could be kind enough to upload their sygic.desktop from /usr/share/applications/hildon? It would be very much appriciated... I was to eager to play that I didn't make a copy...

Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
Is there anyone who could be kind enough to upload their sygic.desktop from /usr/share/applications/hildon? It would be very much appriciated... I was to eager to play that I didn't make a copy...
here you are...
this is the fullscreen enabled file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sygic.zip (264 Bytes, 605 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
here you are...
this is the fullscreen enabled file.
You saved my weekend!! Thank you!!