p.s.: newly built zip fixed the aliendalvik issue as well

EDIT: i never did figure this one out. it was suddenly completely broken on freshly built 3.1 installs (despite working on 3.1 before), and stayed broken after updating to 3.2 with ssu. flashing 3 different times with slightly different procedures didnt fix it. also, once logged into jolla account in 3.1, it offered me the official upgrade to 3.2 (which it never did before....), and then THAT didnt fix it.

installing zip of 3.2 fixed it, no problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Hello Question:

Is it now safe to upgrade the compact with the gui?

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=monkeyisland;1561883]Is it now safe to upgrade the compact with the gui?
[/QUOTE

Did two examples via terminal without issue but not brave enough to rely upon gui.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
Is it now safe to upgrade the compact with the gui?
Yes, it is!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eugenio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all,
first of all thank you Eugenio for your work creating the patch, as soon as I have a working 5321 I'll head to PayPal.

I just wanted to mention this request I made to Jolla Care about a transfer of my broken Xperia X licence to my Xperia X Compact phone and got this answer:

HI,

Thank you for your message!

Since we don't support your device, we cannot transfer your licence as it won't give you any Android support or other licensed benefits.

Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care

It's a bit of a shame the device is not supported officially as it seems to work for all of you, but coming from a small company I can understand they don't have the resources for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
And now the patcher complains about Virtual Box Guest addtions

Code:
/usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/vagrant-2.0.2/plugins/communicators/ssh/communicator.rb:257:in `execute': Vagrant was unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders. This is usually (Vagrant::Errors::VirtualBoxMountFailed)
because the filesystem "vboxsf" is not available. This filesystem is
made available via the VirtualBox Guest Additions and kernel module.
Please verify that these guest additions are properly installed in the
guest. This is not a bug in Vagrant and is usually caused by a faulty
Vagrant box. For context, the command attempted was:

mount -t vboxsf -o uid=1000,gid=1000 vagrant /vagrant

The error output from the command was:

Vagrant was unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders. This is usually
because the filesystem "vboxsf" is not available. This filesystem is
made available via the VirtualBox Guest Additions and kernel module.
Please verify that these guest additions are properly installed in the
guest. This is not a bug in Vagrant and is usually caused by a faulty
Vagrant box. For context, the command attempted was:

mount -t vboxsf -o uid=1000,gid=1000 vagrant /vagrant

The error output from the command was:
Did this happen to all of you? If not it might well and here is the solution to it.

https://github.com/dotless-de/vagran...est/issues/292

Thank you DuckDuckGo ;-p

Last edited by maximilian1st; 2019-11-15 at 10:46.

Next issue I found while the script is patching:

Code:
$ vagrant ssh -c "/vagrant/patch.sh -a f5321 -i /vagrant/Sailfish*.zip"
W: You must be root to use this script! Trying with sudo...
I: Unzipping the Sailfish X archive
Archive:  /vagrant/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15.zip
   creating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-armv7hl.urls  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/AdbWinUsbApi.dll  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/flash-on-windows.bat  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/fastboot.exe  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/flash.sh  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/md5.lst  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/hw-release  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/fastboot.img  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/hybris-boot.img  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/hybris-recovery.img  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/flashing-README.txt  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/AdbWinApi.dll  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/fimage.img001  
  inflating: /tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/os-release  
I: Converting the fimage sparse image to a raw image...
I: Copying the fimage contents
'/tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/tmp.BwT0WHatci/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/home.img.gz' -> 'patcher-tmp/work/fimage/home.img.gz'
'/tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/tmp.BwT0WHatci/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.2.0.12-f5121-0.2.1.15/root.img.gz' -> 'patcher-tmp/work/fimage/root.img.gz'
I: Uncompressing the contents
I: Copying the Sailfish root contents...
I: Preparing for the patch...
I: Patching the image...
DBus unavailable, falling back to libssu
DBus unavailable, falling back to libssu
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   154  100   154    0     0    490      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   503
100  858k  100  858k    0     0  1291k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 6452k
100   154  100   154    0     0    511      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   525
100  449k  100  449k    0     0   727k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  727k
100   154  100   154    0     0    508      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   522
100 1121k  100 1121k    0     0  1581k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1581k
warning: ./augeas-libs.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f2633ee0: NOKEY
Preparing...                          ################################# [100%]
Updating / installing...
   1:augeas-libs-1.6.0+git1-1.2.8.joll################################# [ 50%]
   2:zypper-1.14.6+git3-1.3.8.jolla   ################################# [100%]
Retrieving repository 'tmp-compat-f5321' metadata ................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'tmp-compat-f5321' cache .....................................................................................................................................................[done]
Specified repositories have been refreshed.
Retrieving repository 'jolla' metadata ...........................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'jolla' cache ................................................................................................................................................................[done]
Specified repositories have been refreshed.
Error building the cache:
[adaptation0|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation0] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation0' because of the above error.
[adaptation1|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation1] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation1' because of the above error.
[aliendalvik|plugin:/ssu?repo=aliendalvik] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'aliendalvik' because of the above error.
Building repository 'apps' cache .................................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'customer-jolla' cache .......................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'hotfixes' cache .............................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'jolla' cache ................................................................................................................................................................[done]
[sailfish-eas|plugin:/ssu?repo=sailfish-eas] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'sailfish-eas' because of the above error.
Building repository 'tmp-compat-f5321' cache .....................................................................................................................................................[done]
[xt9|plugin:/ssu?repo=xt9] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'xt9' because of the above error.
Some of the repositories have not been refreshed because of an error.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following 18 NEW packages are going to be installed:
  droid-compat-f5321-droid-config droid-compat-f5321-droid-config-flashing droid-compat-f5321-droid-config-sailfish droid-compat-f5321-droid-hal droid-compat-f5321-droid-system
  droid-compat-f5321-feature droid-compat-f5321-hybris-libsensorfw-qt5 droid-devicetree-f5321 libpython3_7m1_0 python3-base rpm-divert sailfish-content-graphics-closed-z1.25
  sailfish-content-graphics-default-z1.25-base sailfish-device-encryption-unlock-ui-resources-z1.25 sailfish-minui-resources-z1.25 sailfish-upgrade-ui-resources-logo-z1.25
  sailfish-upgrade-ui-resources-z1.25 yabit

The following NEW pattern is going to be installed:
  droid-compat-f5321

18 new packages to install.
The script does finish and there is a slightly smaller patched image created. Not sure if it will work as the errors seem to be about the proprietary parts of Sailfish.

Last edited by maximilian1st; 2019-11-15 at 11:03.

"Since we don't support your device, we cannot transfer your licence as it won't give you any Android support or other licensed benefits."

ughhhhhh. if you had just given them the IMEI without telling them the model they likely would have done it and it would have worked.

i assure you that i have a working llicense on two xperia x compacts, with official android support downloaded directly the jolla store, and predictive text, etc, AND official OTA updates (which do NOT work anymore if you dont have the license)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
ooh, try this: "can you remove the IMEI from my account? im going to switch to a new xperia x, but i dont have the IMEI yet and i want it to work right away"

and then install it on an x compact and it might work!

(also, if you buy a second license, it will work as soon as you flash)

BARRING THAT, you can just download the aliendalvik RPM on your xperia X with pkcon, copy it to your xc, and use it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Hey Wolke, thank you for your answer. I had a mail back from Jolla confirming the licence is freed from my broken Xperia X as I asked them to do. Either way, I might as well sell this X Compact for 30€ and buy another X Compact as the microphone is rubbish and people on the other end complain they don't hear me. Tried myself with the *#*#service#*#* microphone test and can confirm it is malfunctioning. Could have been mentioned in the eBay listing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post: