Hello people,
I received an SMS about 2 hours ago - I only read from the first few preview-words in the notification-timeline, that it probably was important (to me.)
I tapped on it, the app opened, and didn't load the SMS (as is sometimes does.) Waiting for a few seconds didn't help, I closed the app and tried reopening. The SMS never showed up. Reboot also didn't help, and doing a check via
tracker-sparql -q "select nielainTextContent(?d) where {?d a nmo:SMSMessage}"
also didn't show the SMS. It was from a new number, one I haven't saved in my contacts.

HOW TO GET TO THAT SMS? please help me. Its really important to me. In the least important case I lost money, in the most important case its about a girl.

Thx in advance!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, if you managed to break your messaging database, which is likely if you could not find messages via tracker-sparql and rebooting the device did not help things are looking quite bad for you.
You could copy the thacker DB to external computer and try to fish out things from it but I am not sure it helps.

Okay, the damage is mended - no harm. BUT - how is that possible? I think I remember this isn't the first time that happened to me - I wonder how that can happen, and why?
Should I reinstall the device?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I am not sure how and why it happens, but it did happen to me once.

Luckily I have a habit of taking backups as I tweak my device often, trying new things. It is rare but it does happen.

Hi... I m a new victim of this bug... I reveived a sms which pop-up on lock screen. When i swipe it to see it under Notification, nothing appears.. Under Message app too, this sms pop-up for half second and disappeared... But why ??? Rebooting didn't help..
Plz help... Urgently...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Someone facing this issue should try downgrading to a PR1.2 messaging-ui just to see if it helps... I would do it but haven't been inflicted by this bug since ages

Originally Posted by Matt-UAE View Post
Hi... I m a new victim of this bug... I reveived a sms which pop-up on lock screen. When i swipe it to see it under Notification, nothing appears.. Under Message app too, this sms pop-up for half second and disappeared... But why ??? Rebooting didn't help..
Plz help... Urgently...
My above issue is also applicable to Miss Call notification besides the Text SMS...
Just to let u know... Awaiting for a remedy...

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Have you all checked if you've run out of space?

Due to some meddling, i gobbled up like 1Gb of space, and I couldn't do anything, till I sorted it out.

Hi,
I have got this problem and solved it by delete all my SMS message.
I also got the same problem with missed call - they won't show in recent call list.

Very true. Its solved aftet deleting all SMSs but I still wondered why it happened coz I didn't had too many SMSs. Only a few...
Anywaz, I didn't faced the issue again...