My Yahoo account is IMAP, too. And the trigger approach is mostly working, there is just some variability.Today, it has worked well, for instance, but over the weekend, there were several times when it didn't work. I don't know the pattern of when it works and when it doesn't.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Anybody about my installation problem:

"Now, I can install the repo, but can't install sqlite3, because some packages can't authenticated. I install with root. Any suggestions?

I ran terminal:

"devel-su"

then

"apt-get install sqlite3"

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United States
Adam, is there any way I could see your terminal output? It could be a screenshot of the N9 itself (ScreenshotMee on the Ovi store is good for this) or a screenshot from your computer, if you're connecting that way. The contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/harmattan-dev.list might be helpful to see, too.

Originally Posted by Shinto View Post
Adam, is there any way I could see your terminal output? It could be a screenshot of the N9 itself (ScreenshotMee on the Ovi store is good for this) or a screenshot from your computer, if you're connecting that way. The contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/harmattan-dev.list might be helpful to see, too.
Thanks for your help, but finally, I could manage to install sqlite3. I downloaded sqlite3.deb from harmattan.dev.nokia.com, I tried to install, but during the install it was missing some dependencies. After that I tried to install that dependencies, and the Terminal suggest to use "apt-get -f install" command and that was the solution, it installed it.

Then I tried the code to refresh my mails read/unread count and it's refreshed but I don't know the result, because I have more than 6k mails and the "mark all read" function not working

Any terminal command to mark all mail read?

Thanks.

Adam

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by Hacker
Today, it has worked well, for instance, but over the weekend, there were several times when it didn't work. I don't know the pattern of when it works and when it doesn't.
As far as I can tell, and from my experience, the trigger will always work, just not right away. If your new-mail notification goes off and you immediately open the e-mail application, you probably won't see the blue circles. If you wait a while, perhaps another e-mail update cycle or two, they'll probably be there.

I'm guessing this is due to the write-ahead-log DB checkpoints, and my attempts to force quicker updates (through PRAGMA wal_autocheckpoint) don't seem to stick. So without a true code fix, I'm afraid this may be as good as it gets.

Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam View Post
Any terminal command to mark all mail read?
Yes, by running an UPDATE command in sqlite3. This is what such an operation would look like:

Code:
~ $ /usr/bin/sqlite3 /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db
SQLite version 3.7.7 2011-06-23 19:49:22               
Enter ".help" for instructions                         
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"             
sqlite> UPDATE mailmessages SET status=19137 WHERE status IN (18496,18497);
sqlite> .quit
~ $

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shinto View Post
As far as I can tell, and from my experience, the trigger will always work, just not right away. If your new-mail notification goes off and you immediately open the e-mail application, you probably won't see the blue circles. If you wait a while, perhaps another e-mail update cycle or two, they'll probably be there.

I'm guessing this is due to the write-ahead-log DB checkpoints, and my attempts to force quicker updates (through PRAGMA wal_autocheckpoint) don't seem to stick. So without a true code fix, I'm afraid this may be as good as it gets.

Yes, by running an UPDATE command in sqlite3. This is what such an operation would look like:

Code:
~ $ /usr/bin/sqlite3 /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db
SQLite version 3.7.7 2011-06-23 19:49:22               
Enter ".help" for instructions                         
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"             
sqlite> UPDATE mailmessages SET status=19137 WHERE status IN (18496,18497);
sqlite> .quit
~ $
Thanks, I did it, but it didn't work, I have the same 4k unread mails

Are there any news for solving this bug?

thanks
yam603

Ok this solution with trigger is quite great but the problem is that some unread mail got status 18496 or 2048 or even 51264 and for all them the blue circle don't work. I checked with my gmail account in which everything is ok the unread mail status there is set to 2049. So the best solution would be to change all of that codes to 2049 or 18497 but the question is why unread messages have different status codes. If we change them I suppose we loose some maybe quite important information. So if anyone could found a description of status codes in fenix mail it would be great help and possible lead to solving this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to czajniczeq For This Useful Post:
Some problem with me here - I have unread mail, and for two of three mail accounts I can mark all mails as read. Just for my account with 4.4xx unread mails it doesn't work.

Hi,

I think I have a better way to resolve this issue. I'm working on it but will need help to make it as simple and fast as possible.
Here is the results I've found.

In database there's a table named : Mailstatusflags
This table is used to create mailmessages.status value

that's why you can have values like
Originally Posted by czajniczeq
18496 or 2048 or even 51264
this number is composed with mailstatusflags.bitstatus

The flag were looking for is "incoming" : bitstatus = 1
Statusbit = 8 : "READ"
Statusbit = 12 : "NEW"

18496 = 0100 1000 0100 0000 mean :
1st bit = 0 = not "incoming"
7th bit = 1 = "contentavailable"
12th bit = 1 = "new"
15th bit = 1 = "partialcontentavailable"

2048 = 1000 000 000
12th bit = 1 = "new"

51264 = 0001 0100 1001 000
= repliedall, read, unloadeddata, readreplyrequested
@czajniczeq, I don't think this message should be count as unread !?!

and so on ...

What I'm looking for now is the best way to create a trigger "on before insert" that set 1st bit to 1 (18496 +1, 2048+1) when message is new : 12th bit = 1

I think this will resolve for a long time and in a reliable way this little bug !

regards.