Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I used to use citrus alarm clock sometimes. Now its become comercial, but it used to be freeware. What i liked is that you chose a song and then a time for it to go to full volume. So it would start really low and go higher every second. It was really nice because you avoid the shock of waking up to a full volume song.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ California, USA
eliagp - that's what the current alarm does on the 810. However like fize pointed out it also doesn't play the full track. I'll try the 'work around' mentioned (leaving a track paused in the media player). If it's that close you think someone could take it the next step, rather than waiting another year or two for a distribution upgrade...

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
fizze, isnt the point of an alarm to wake you up NOW?
Yes, but some of us are light sleepers, and some aren't. I usually have at least 2 seperate alarm clocks, and sometimes I still don't get up in time.

It would be nice if there was a clever solution for this on maemo, that's all!

If only there was someone here who was knew enough to be able to port this to maemo, at least we could do mp3's... ;-)

http://freshmeat.net/projects/xmmsalarm/

After looking at your link it would seem to me that because it's a plugin, it might work with the xmms port in the repo... Can't remember if it's just in extras or some other one. Anyway, I'm off to try it.. Update: You will need to compile..

Last edited by rkopper; 2009-01-08 at 00:55.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ California, USA
For the closest thing to an alarm clock with music wakeup, I found flipclock to meet most needs. Cheers all!

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
at the summit on my n900, I setup multiple standard alarms easily.
it would be nice to allow the alarm program to run XYZ app, so things like internet radio or any other wakeup thing can be run.

more like Windows scheduled tasks in that regard.

I would personally not want to rely on internet radio to wake me up though - if you lose connectivity you are screwed and won't wakeup.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
I used to use citrus alarm clock sometimes. Now its become comercial, but it used to be freeware. What i liked is that you chose a song and then a time for it to go to full volume. So it would start really low and go higher every second. It was really nice because you avoid the shock of waking up to a full volume song.
why do you need newest version of citrus?
if it was freeware, the version you had will still be freeware?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
it would be nice to allow the alarm program to run XYZ app, so things like internet radio or any other wakeup thing can be run.

more like Windows scheduled tasks in that regard.
Something for Shepherd perhaps?