Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Roma, Italia
Guys I'm undecided between the n8 and the n9 .. the thing is a need your help cause I'm a average Joe, I used to have a n900 and I kindda like it I just didn't like the fact it was to big and heavy. Having saying this I really like the UI and OS of the n9 but love the goddies on the n8(hdmi out, camera, Fm transmitter etc) but the OS is really messed up. So what are your thoughts?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Buy both or stick with the N900
i think most here will say the n9... Don't listen to their lies!

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
Buy both or stick with the N900
i think most here will say the n9... Don't listen to their lies!
What the heck should that mean? Anyways...

@emiliofab1: Yes I am someone who says that you should take a N9. The N8 still is a wonderful device but reached a certain age. Alternatively there's also the Nokia 808 Pureview. It really depends what features are most important to you - if hdmi out, better camera and FM transmitter aren't daily used, I'd rather get the more appealing operation system.

Would you have the change to test out the phones in a store? That's simply the best way to find out what phone suites someone

Good luck with your decision!

i previously had a N900 and currently have a Nokia E7 and a N9.

I do like the N9, the UI is fast and it multi tasks amazing. I am writing this post on my N9 right now. It really is a fantastic device, enough apps out there to cover the basics.

Tha being said, Nokia Belle on my E7 runs very well, ita so much nicer than the old symbian 3. The N8 can def still keep up running belle. But some web pages suffer on the older 680mhz processor and 256mb of ram start to struggle.

the cool features like usb on the go and hdmi, i have used botg these features twice in 1.5 years.

overall.... The N9 is the faster more modern phone and the ui is nice, if not basic.

the N8 has a better camera and symbian.belle is more fun/functional but the hardware is getting dated.

if u have the cash, the new 808 is tge way to go. I bet Belle runs amazing on the new hardware, the camera is just amazing, i have mine on preorder here in the usa

I would also suggest for Nokia 808 Pureview. Amazing phone I liked it since the day I started using it. 41 megapixel camera sensor, full 1080 p video recording, 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound, Nokia Rich Recording technology and Imaging GPU capable of handling 1 million pixels/second. What else is needed....

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Stick with n900. I have them all, and the n900 is the one I love and use. The rest dont bring anything to to the table. Unless you have a great camera at the top of your list. then n8 is you golden Gun, if not pure view 808.

STick with n900 and wait for tizen or Jolla phones!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Go for N9!

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by varnikasharma03 View Post
I would also suggest for Nokia 808 Pureview. Amazing phone [...] GPU capable of handling 1 million pixels/second. What else is needed....
Hmm, let's say you have 640x360, that's like 230400 pixels on one screen. Having 1 million pixels/second translates to 4.34 fps.

I have the N900, N9, N8 and Lumia 800.

Go for PureView 808

More detailed:
Best everyday phone : Lumia 800 - by far.
Best all round: N8, N9 is close though, but lacks too much HW goodies.
Best geek (read Linux): N900 nothing else comes close.

But. If you go for the N8, you will be much better off with the 808.