Poll: whats you next phone after the n900
Poll Options
whats you next phone after the n900

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Now, see, this is what I don't understand. Why is Apple worse than any of the other manufacturers? All these guys are putting wonderful hardware into beautiful little containers with completely ugly restrictions as to how you can use it. If you want to do anything useful with an iPhone, you jailbreak it. If you want to do anything useful with an Android phone, you root it. I don't even know what you do with a Windows phone, but I'm sure you'd have to do something against the manufacturer's wishes. What's the difference?
The apple is a wonderful hardware package....I just can't get by the lack of a memory slot, no quick change of battery and their proprietary connectivity requirements.

For my purposes these are HUGE shortcomings. Having to "jailbreak" to get functionality sucks too.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Been using a combo of N8 for phone/navigation/camera duties and N900 for everything else for about a year now. I don't think I'll be changing that any time soon.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
Anyway here are the 9 users who voted for Nokia Lumia 800:
bzbnd, dee, gkanda100, oneFinn, Red_Fox, rohit.hellboy, sanchdaniel, slai, teethgrinder
...And now...let us BURN THEM ON THE CROSS!!!

Originally Posted by whayong View Post
Been using a combo of N8 for phone/navigation/camera duties and N900 for everything else for about a year now. I don't think I'll be changing that any time soon.
great combo mate.

i'm on the same boat
N8 is sweet.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'm voting for N900, because there is no phone you could possibly list other then N900 that would satisfy me. My brother has Samsung Galaxy S2 (amazing phone and crazy fast), and it is nice and all, but i find myself very bored with android... all the phones are the same, no variety. Whereas when you pick up a N900 its something different. It does things that other phones can't do (I don't need to tell you about all the unique and awesome things about N900, because if you are reading this, you probably know loads about N900)... and my N900 makes me smile every time i discover something new. So for now I will keep my N900 and possibly buy another N900 after, unless something just as good surfaces but until then,I just couldn't buy another phone that would make me smile and allow me to enjoy my money well spent.

Last edited by csaba93; 2011-11-07 at 22:03. Reason: didn't see the N900 on list the first time :P

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
n900 is on the list

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
i voted for the n950 because i am very satisfy from the n900, but if there is no n950 i will stay with the n900 until there is another phone with the same features (linux original not android like, hardware keyboard, fm transmiter, gps, metal body to resisting in shocks, support in the back to hold it in the side [i mean the plastic support arround the camera] multiple desktops as any linux distribution and in general the same philosophy as the n900.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
name a phone with the sweetness of N900 without lacking

xterminal
32gb + 32gb mmc
all those qwerty shortcuts
such great community support for 2 years now
carl zeiss
quad boot
fm transmitter
notification led
camera lens cover
irda

you can't replace the N900 without compromising here and there

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
name a phone with the sweetness of N900 without lacking

xterminal
32gb + 32gb mmc
all those qwerty shortcuts
such great community support for 2 years now
carl zeiss
quad boot
fm transmitter
notification led
camera lens cover
irda

you can't replace the N900 without compromising here and there

That's exactly why I stay with my N900. Well said buddy

The Following User Says Thank You to csaba93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
whats more surprising is that 7 voted for the iphone, apple is our number 1 enemy ..... lol
At least Apple isn't sending their trojan horses to take over other companies

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
i have voted for the galaxy nexus, but only because it has android4, but i wont buy it because the hardware is equal/worse compared to the galaxy s2, so my next phone will be the galaxy s3 or the razr2, the one with better hardware will be mine next year.

i still like the n9, but its too expensive for a niche product, nokia screwed it for wp7... and wouldnt even think about buying a wp7 phone, wp7 is full of crap...

two examples:
wp7.5 can not send files via bluetooth.... i thought only an apple would cut important functions like this...
and, if you enter a number in the dialer or you have a missed call and you want to add the new number to your contact list, there is no "add to contacts". you have to copy the number, go to the adressbook, create a new contact and paste the number there... seriously microsoft, is this your new/better phone os?? you are kidding me!

thanks to microsoft and eflop i will never buy me a nokia phone again (and i loved nokia before eflop)