Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
My phone is back... Under warranty... They repaired my phone, but the usb port is still easy to broke... they made a new support to protect the usb port, but it isnt a good work, it can be damaged again... Nokia... Leave the phones and go to work the ground...

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
have you done any special treatments such as filing the cables and chargers to prevent this?
Update: I called and the Nokia Rep entered my IMEI and (after my description of my "broken USBa" found it to be under warrenty, and sent me a free UPS label for free repair!!

While it's always possible I somehow mis-entered the IMEI twice befor calling. I know another time I was erroneously querying the "Repair Status" page instead of the "Warrenty Verification" page. I still ggot the feeling I was out of Warrenty until I said "broken USB."

i have to restart my phone everytime i plugin the charger, otherwise it will connect in usb mode and will not charge. is it a hardware problem or do i have to install the OS again?

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by alibhai01 View Post
i have to restart my phone everytime i plugin the charger, otherwise it will connect in usb mode and will not charge. is it a hardware problem or do i have to install the OS again?
u just can rey... reflash it and check it again

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
My N900 worked really well for 13 months. The usb port didn't come off but it stopped working. I could not connect it by usb cable or charger.

I took the phone to nokia care. After 2 weeks my phone was ready. It was changed to new one. Now I am happy and besides I do not have any white spots on the screen.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Potomac,Maryland
Mine just broke...

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Rovaniemi, Finland
The n900 usb port broak for nothing. The device was repaired and is sound and works well now.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I'm wondering how Nokia will handle replacement devices that fail. My original warranty is up, and I'm a month into my replacement warranty, and my new USB port is already finnicky.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Potomac,Maryland
I don't have my original device warranty, will they still fix it for me?

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
FAILED TWICE. Maybe no more usb hacking without a mechanical stabilizer.

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty