Is there a way to stop the N9 from putting "via nokia n9" when you share links on Facebook through the browser?
Hate that.
My email signature on my phone has always been:
"Sent from my [brand deleted] phone."
So not a fan.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
Yes There's a way I know how hold on.

Ok What you gotta do is not have a Nokia N9, then when you post from your unbranded cellular device it will Not say » Via Nokia N9« instead you will even not have to be so incredibly bothered by the new signature because it will say «Sent Via unbranded mysterious device»

Thus this post was swyped up Via Cyan Nokia N9

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

The Following User Says Thank You to eneitten usr XD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
Sorry just this community is the best and we love aaaaaaaajjjjjj things N9 and going against anything N9 especially at this moment "PEOPLE NEED TO GIVE THANKS FOR THIS PIECE OF ART,,, NOT CRY ABOUT STUPID JUNK

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

Wow, what idiotic responses.
I have an N800, N900 and N9. I like Nokia. But I dislike showing labels on my clothes or anywhere else if I can help it. Just because I like my phone doesn't mean I have to be a living billboard for the company that makes it. It's not a sports team. I paid for the device. Nokia doesn't get free advertising from me no matter how much I like it. It's so cult like to attack me for not wanting classless, forced advertising on my Facebook posts.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
IIRC it's part of the Facebook side of the app - the branding is in the API.
Why not use touch.facebook.com? It's bearable on the N9.

It happens when I choose "share this page" from the stock browser's menu, and choose Facebook. It's a nice feature (except for free advertising).

Last edited by lancewex; 2012-12-04 at 22:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Am I the only one feels proud when your Facebook posts is posted via Nokia N9?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to henry91 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by henry91 View Post
Am I the only one feels proud when your Facebook posts is posted via Nokia N9?
You clearly aren't, and there's nothing wrong with that. But to each his own, right? Isn't the point of Maemo/Meego that we can do what we want with our devices?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
what the ****, while at here I am annoyed when I post something from my Android's facebook app, showed "via mobile".

I am proud to post "via Nokia N9".

by the way, to answer your question, stop using stock FB app , use mobile FB instead.

and no, there is nothing you can do to hack this..because it tied along with facebook's API, and stock FB isn't that open neither

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
People was amazed when i wrote my first Facebook status with the "via Nokia N9" tag, and maybe they still 'til now.
From what i know, since Facebook exist and Nokia had an internet phone (or vice versa ), N9 is the only phone that Made by Nokia that has unique signature on Facebook and Twitter.
"Because its connected with free advertising or something...."
Apple (iOS) has it, Samsung (mobile) has it, Android (Android) has it, Nokia (Social) has it....., its common from marketing side imo.

You should proud of it, or else, use Opera Mobile, Firefox, Snowshoe or Helium Reborn, they will gave you standar "from Mobile" tag.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efion For This Useful Post: