Gah, when will people see that blessn900 MUTILATES the colors? The only thing going for it is the interpolated 'high quality' modes.

Guys, if you want to take HDR photos with the N900, use FCamera to capture 3 individual shots and combine them after with Luminance HDR (linux). Here is a poor example:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Gah, when will people see that blessn900 MUTILATES the colors? The only thing going for it is the interpolated 'high quality' modes.

Guys, if you want to take HDR photos with the N900, use FCamera to capture 3 individual shots and combine them after with Luminance HDR (linux). Here is a poor example:

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/29p4274.jpg[IMG]
Well, it's just easier to use bless since you don't have to do anything manually or on another device. Also, you can edit the colours afterwards with ansel-a.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
@vi_
Is that sample from Bless or the manually combined one?
I don't think Bless mutilates the colors, just don't choose "Saturated" in the color setting. And choose low contrast for both options.

Here's a "Standard" HDR shot from Bless (though I don't think this shot really needed HDR. hehe):

And here's a "Saturated" HDR from Bless:

And I got a question which I hope you can answer. How do I adjust FCamera's bias in exposure? I mean, it seems that Fcamera on my N900 leans on underexposing the shot as default. I know it's advantage but shots turn out too dark for my taste and I have to use manual exposure most of the time. I posted it here before but didn't get any reply. Hoping for your feedback. Thanks!

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-08-04 at 15:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
@vi_
Is that sample from Bless or the manually combined one?
I don't think Bless mutilates the colors, just don't choose "Saturated" in the color setting. And choose low contrast for both options.

Here's a "Standard" HDR shot from Bless (though I don't think this shot really needed HDR. hehe):

And here's a "Saturated" HDR from Bless:

And I got a question which I hope you can answer. How do I adjust FCamera's bias in exposure? I mean, it seems that Fcamera on my N900 leans on underexposing the shot as default. I know it's advantage but shots turn out too dark for my taste and I have to use manual exposure most of the time. I posted it here before but didn't get any reply. Hoping for your feedback. Thanks!
I do not think there is an auto exposure bias for Fcamera, you can however tweak the source code as it is open source. I would tend to agree, Fcamera does tend to under expose slightly.

My picture is a manual combining post processing.

The non-saturated colours HDR above is one the only decent example of an HDR photo I have ever seen from an N900. Did you use a tripod by any chance?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
This one's HDR too (posted it here before):

I can always get that kind of shot with the right setting, color-wise I mean. And I can also get the "mutilated" colors if I want. hehe And no I didn't use a tripod. How can I fit one in the N900?

About FCam code-tweaking... I'm willing to give it a shot but don't know where to start. hehe Problem is, I'm not a coder!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
My grandma's home.
Iran - Ajab Shir
ISO-200 - 1.2 sec - No flash - sRGB - 300 dpi
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WAHID For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Gah, when will people see that blessn900 MUTILATES the colors?
Nah, the whole point of BlessN900 (ok, HDR mode) is to mutilate the colors =D It does make most images quite absurd/abstract, but I like it!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
@WAHID,
i like your shot!
i hope you don't mind the tinkering i did with it.
just cleaned it up a bit. too soft? i think i like the effect.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Germany
Lunar eclipse at June 15, 2011 / Water lillies in focus stacking technique (bless N900 -> Focus Bracketing -> Combined under Linux with enfuse)
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ascag For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, fremantle, gallery, image, maemo, maemo 5, n900, photo, photograph, photography, picture, show and tell