Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by lma View Post
I posted a list here.

Thanks!!!
Either you just posted it - or I am more blind than I thought
Now I got a check-list to use when trying out the SSU update.

Thanks again.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
So, I decided to test my updated N810 and installed Advanced Backlight. If I try to rotate the screen, it doesn't really rotate. Screen stays the same (or sometime there are some artifacts) BUT the actual controls are changed. For example if I rotate the screen upside down, the image that I see is the same but I have to click top right corner to access the home menu instead of bottom left.
So do I need to do some additional steps to get the Advanced Backlight to work or is my N810 still not upgraded?

Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
If I try to rotate the screen, it doesn't really rotate. Screen stays the same (or sometime there are some artifacts) BUT the actual controls are changed.
Sounds like you have rotation support in the X server but not in the kernel. This could happen if you updated with apt, which doesn't actually write the new kernel in the appropriate flash partition. If that's the case, close all apps and run /usr/bin/flash-and-reboot as root.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Ah, now it works! Thanks!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Installed SSU and it works really well - no issues detected so far.
The Advanced Power screen rotation options are nice.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Anyone tried installing sliderotate after updating? It worked fine for me when I updated and had it already installed, but in this thread, Silvermountain claims that the automatic install script for sliderotate isn't working for him, which strikes me as odd seeing as very few (if any) people reported issues after the automatic script was released, and my natural instinct (as with any other problem these days) is to blame the SSU

Last edited by notnarb; 2010-05-12 at 09:19.

Originally Posted by notnarb View Post
Anyone tried installing sliderotate after updating? It worked fine for me when I updated and had it already installed, but in this thread, Silvermountain claims that the automatic install script for sliderotate isn't working for him.
If the binary package (I can't browse the repository as it redirects to the blog) is the same as the one found in the garage page, it depends on a specific xserver-xomap version:
Code:
Depends: python2.5-runtime, xrandr (>= 1:1.2.2-0), xserver-xomap (= 1:1.3.99.0~git20070321-0osso20074202), libxrandr2 (>=2:1.2.1-1), xmodmap, flash-and-reboot
that is different to the one in the community SSU. Making it work should be a simple matter of repackaging, however there are no source packages that I can find and the garage SCM is empty.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
been observing a slight distortion of the theme when i use screen rotation.

Originally Posted by notnarb View Post
Anyone tried installing sliderotate after updating? It worked fine for me when I updated and had it already installed, but in this thread, Silvermountain claims that the automatic install script for sliderotate isn't working for him, which strikes me as odd seeing as very few (if any) people reported issues after the automatic script was released, and my natural instinct (as with any other problem these days) is to blame the SSU
True.
My install steps were as follows;

1) Installed SSU update
[Advanced Light rotation options works well]

2) Installed Slideroate
[First got a message in App Manager it had failed, tried update it, failed, uninstalled it and re-installed which made it install ok]

3) Used the Sliderotate settings option and the one thing that doesn't happen is a self-reboot after instaling xrandr support.
Manually rebooted. None of the features from sliderotate are active.

(I repeated steps 2-3 maybe three times and sometimes there was a flicker of functionality (like the power button rotating the screen) but it only lasted for so long then nothing).

I will be reflashing my N810 this weekend and this time I can try to install slide-rotate first and then the SSU - but am taking 'suggestions' on what to try/do if anything could benefit the SSU project.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by lma View Post
that is different to the one in the community SSU. Making it work should be a simple matter of repackaging, however there are no source packages that I can find and the garage SCM is empty.
It is python, so the package itself can be the sources (I haven't looked at it)

Last edited by maacruz; 2010-05-12 at 18:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo