Active Topics

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
So now that we have PR 1.2. If I do a FRESH CLEAN WIPE AND INSTALL, do I need to do all the tricks like the moves and symlinks, pymaemo-optify, etc?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
No you don't! It's all done for you.....:-)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Good question. I have over 75 meg of rootfs space and i've installed everything i want.

Some tips such as disabling repositories won't help with PR1.2. I'm not sure about the other tips -- I imagine some will still work.

But it's going to be a long time before I need more rootfs space, I imagine. It's still a good thing to watch out for. When I was running the leaked PR1.2, once I suddenly discovered my rootfs was 100% taken! Then all I had to do is reboot, if I remember correctly, and it was fixed!

Can anyone give any suggestions on how to get my phone started again. I uninstalled some apps after receiving an error that there wasn't enough memory on my target location, rootfs. I had 32mb free for the recent Maemo update. Now my phone won't start. Can uninstalling a certain app not make the phone turn on? I use a mac so any suggestions? I just want my phone back on.

some of the optimizers can brick your phone now. I bricked already, then did some installs and found out I really didn't need it, as pr 1.2 does enough /opt-ifying for you now.

edit: after a re-flash mind you.

Also, if you have moved stuff manually, be careful, the OTA update for 1.2 pretty much made my phone unusable and required a re-install

Last edited by GI jack; 2010-05-28 at 21:01.

Any suggestions Jack? re-install? how?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Yes safest way to be sure is to reflash eMMC as well. I got 100mb on rootfs after installing all my previous games and apps it came down to 95 pretty good I must say. They most important space saver was made to app manager , when you enable extras devel it doesn't eat space anymore

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Can u give me steps on how to do that with a mac? I tried removing battery, pressing u key and plugging in usb but the phone doesn't show the usb symbol. Am I doing right?

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Yes safest way to be sure is to reflash eMMC as well. I got 100mb on rootfs after installing all my previous games and apps it came down to 95 pretty good I must say. They most important space saver was made to app manager , when you enable extras devel it doesn't eat space anymore
Can u give me steps on how to do that with a mac? I tried removing battery, pressing u key and plugging in usb but the phone doesn't show the usb symbol. Am I doing right?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by nsalonga View Post
Do you want to flash on your Mac computer? Read here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...mware#Mac_OS_X

EDIT: Oh, and read carefully.