Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
I've been a C#-devver for the past 4 years, but actually I'd still prefer Java. It's just just the language (or even despite the language), but the .NET ecosystem is... meh. Even when using commercial dev tools (Visual Studio, Xamarin), they are no better than the much more open and free tools for Java. VS still freezes daily in me, Xamarin still is buggy. Granted, I'm not paying for those, my employer does, so why should I care.

But the Java language, JDK and all surrounding development are much more community driven than anything from Microsoft. Yeah, Microsoft these days is more open than ever before, but they still are in total control. I've come to value the freedom of Java, and "true" open source in general, because the C#-world still is restrictive.
i got similar concerns too as whole of microsoft freezes on me for no reason and i hate that as linux on other hand i could count the times i needed to reformat my problem in linux that i like is one problem has too much solutions .
regrarding microsoft going more open i still coudnt believe their actions and was actually considering java for is more open nature and its a programming laungage not a framework .

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Also, running .NET on Linux? Yeah, again, MS is opening up, but I dare to say it will lag behind Windows forever. Developing .NET on Linux? I wouldn't even try. Yeah there are some niches like Unity and Xamarin, which ought to work on Linux, but I'm not betting on those.

Java, however, is much more, perhaps almost completely, equal on Linux, Mac and Windows, for running applications, services and development.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Ok, sorry. thought this was a smoking thread from your first post

JAVA...you learn quick. Move to scala. Become an expert. Get millions. Troll at TMO. Die. Prefect life
lol trolling is an art that i am yet to accuire acceptably
regarding your suggesion on the actual problem
i want to pry your brains out with a screwdriver and see whats going in there.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
regarding your suggesion on the actual problem
i want to pry your brains out with a screwdriver and see whats going in there.
http://www.slideshare.net/lobster123...tflix-26048254

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Also, running .NET on Linux? Yeah, again, MS is opening up, but I dare to say it will lag behind Windows forever. Developing .NET on Linux? I wouldn't even try. Yeah there are some niches like Unity and Xamarin, which ought to work on Linux, but I'm not betting on those.

Java, however, is much more, perhaps almost completely, equal on Linux, Mac and Windows, for running applications, services and development.
this was one of my strong points for java
wheras .net i am not exactly getting its point as to where its used i.e its reach to other platforms more importantly where do .net devs generally end up ?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I would not be so harsh. There is Monodevelop even on the N900

In fact Mono has landed me one job interview. The company sent me a programming test to write in C# and I did not have a Windows machine I used a laptop though, Mono on the N900 has a totally unusable interface.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry, the ambiguity of English has kicked in.

Read it as "Windows (desktop and mobile) market", not "(Windows desktop) and (mobile market)".
Meaning, .Net is (officially) supported only on Windows, both desktop and mobile.
aha
can you please elaborate a little as my fears with .net are how useful my .net specific knowledge will be when i try to switch to something else and just windows dosent convience me enough as i have no idea of its saturation or its uses in the it industry and i do see .net job listings more but payscales are low to what java devs get
my openion is based on a handful of subjects

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
That is because you are still have not interacted enough with comps. They are pure troll machines and can five you the strangest result

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

dear this is pathetic

all that went off my head probably bruning some brain matter in the process

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That is because you are still have not interacted enough with comps. They are pure troll machines and can five you the strangest result
yes for once you are right but still its not computer its the internet that i have not interacted much as of blazing slow speeeds