Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Lookin pretty durn good so far!
Yeah, but notes have always been great. Except for Mr 7 possibly.

But is it great enough to trick endormeans to get one?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
endsormeans will not get one. He'd rather have a flip phone then give in to the dark force. But may be great enough to trick me! I'm easy. Will you change your signature to say "I'm supporting the Note 8 or until Jolla fully refund.. then again, forget jolla...."

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
endsormeans will not get one. He'd rather have a flip phone then give in to the dark force. But may be great enough to trick me! I'm easy. Will you change your signature to say "I'm supporting the Note 8 or until Jolla fully refund.. then again, forget jolla...."
Probobly not.

Yeah, note seems to be the best option currently. Not many options today if you want top notch.

Since you live in US you should get one. But you should atleast wait a few month to make sure you can use it while flying

Me? Not sure. I have no trips planned to us currently so I think I wait. What I don't like is that shiny frame.

Jolla who?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Probobly not.

Yeah, note seems to be the best option currently. Not many options today if you want top notch.

Since you live in US you should get one. But you should atleast wait a few month to make sure you can use it while flying

Me? Not sure. I have no trips planned to us currently so I think I wait. What I don't like is that shiny frame.

Jolla who?
The only thing that really bugs me about the Note 8 (beside the usual android stuff) is that the darn phone is too narrow. It looks like a Hershey Bar to me. Too long and too narrow. I'm ok with the 6.3" screen. But I would prefer the screen to be 3" wide. I will definitely wait. The only other phone that might interest me right now is the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. That will be announced in about a month.

I may be wrong about endsormeans. He might have succumbed to the Dark Side. I think he was spotted near the top in this photo taken from the Note 8 event.
Attached Images

The only thing that really bugs me about the Note 8 (beside the usual android stuff) is that the darn phone is too narrow. It looks like a Hershey Bar to me. Too long and too narrow. I'm ok with the 6.3" screen. But I would prefer the screen to be 3" wide. I will definitely wait. The only other phone that might interest me right now is the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. That will be announced in about a month.
Looks cool. But spen is really handy.

Why not a mi max 2 then. 1/4 of the price and an impressive battery. Great bang for the buck.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why not a mi max 2 then. 1/4 of the price and an impressive battery. Great bang for the buck.
Yes, it looks like a great buy but, unfortunately, wrong frequencies for US.

Yes, it looks like a great buy but, unfortunately, wrong frequencies for US.
Ok, but it seems that even pretty low end devices can have solid specs to day

Even so why buy low end..?

Checked out a display model of Note 8. Pen is excellent. Has some nice gimmicks. Hate the aspect ratio. Screen too narrow. Especially if you like to read or draw. The original Note, even though it has a smaller diagonal had a nicer screen shape wise. If Samsung make the Note 8 with the dimensions of the Original Note I would buy it. Also don't care if the screen edge is curved. Doesn't add anything significant. The first edge was better cause you could run apps on the edge that were useful.

EDIT: Oops! I forgot to mention price. Cheapest is $930 on tmobile. If you pre order Sumsung with throw in some goodies like 360 camera or 256GB card and wireless charger combo.

Last edited by mscion; 2017-08-25 at 13:38.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson