Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
Originally Posted by nate_doggg View Post
Hi All,

I tried changing the chip that you mentioned earlier in the forum, the 8 pin one. And..................... It did not fix those pesky gray lines!

I got the chip off my working 770 and swoped them over. Both worked just as they did before.

I spoke to a friend of mine adn he suggested that there will be a corupt eprom somewhare, probably corupted by static or an incorrect cap somewhare.

I have had enough of the broken one now so am selling it, If anyone has any ideas let me know and i will try it!

Good luck.

Nate.
I see You've had an oportunity to exchange display's between WSOD'ed and properly working n770s.
Is there any conclusion if the failure occurs on the main PCB or LCD part?

Since I just wsoded my n770 I dissassebled it and will try to figure out what's going on

The Following User Says Thank You to XTC For This Useful Post:
I too have the ITT disassembled. Wedging the battery in place with a piece of plastic and waking it up I've tried heating the components with a hair drier. This sometimes can locate a failed component, the symptoms getting worse when the piece in question is heated but the heat gun had no visible effect although I was concerned about heating the battery so I didn't heat it a whole lot.

I see from this posting, translated by Google,

http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/redirect...&goto=lastpost

that a broken screen shows similar lines however it's unclear if the damage happened while it was being taken apart for an otherwise typical WSOD. No source for the screen assembly posted yet.

Billj

any updates on this?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pomprocker View Post
any updates on this?
Not without a concrete question.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ansbach
Nice post... interesting !