Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Dropian works fine for exiating users. I juat ran out of token quota for new users.
Will be fixed soon.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Ok keep updating but me sad for ma c5-00 s60v3 one the drop s60 client stopped working if u could look at it n make it work if its not a lot of work as stated it would be fine http://www.tlehto.net/Drops60/ or else i ll retire ma c5 to guinea pig garage

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Sorry, I tried mu best with Dropian for S60v3 but it cannot be done anymore.
Dropbox insists on OAuth web endpoint authorization and Webkit is just too much (20MB RAM) for good old S60v3.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
you think it would be possible to update the built in plugin?
maybe coderus can do it (he made extra-plugins after all)
i use the sharing option a lot and now it's just broken...

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
For what it's worth, I am still able to upload with the built in plugin.

yes but the difference is that you already have a dropbox account in your accounts list...

problem obviously lies within the authentication

if you deleted your dropbox account and add a new one it wouldn't let you...

Last edited by mcbook; 2013-03-31 at 21:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
@knobtviker

you think it would be possible to fix the built in dropbox plugin?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Ok knob

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Arctic Circle
FYI: as of today the built-in Dropbox plugin does not allow sharing of content between N9 and Dropbox. This does not work eventhough the account was previously created. The upload of a picture to Dropbox starts, but then fails every time, just before its it finsihed.

Removing the account makes things worse. It is not possible to re-create the Dropbox account anymore in the N9 after that :-/

As a workaround, the Dropian works, but file sharing is very clumsy, beacuse it does not show as Dropbox share option in the normal content sharing menu. To get files to Dropbox, you have to browse directly to the file in the filesystem with Dropian (no thumbnails and previews) and then select the right file just by its name and then you can upload.

I am gradually seeing a lot of similar degration in my N9 functionality because of these kind of service API changes, that no-one in Nokia is updating in the device. So, "thank you" Mr. Elop for discontinuing the support for this great device pre-maturely, now I just have to move on to Jolla and SailfishOS, to get a decent and modern and open smart phone. And I get to be part of the community that actuall cares - like the TMO here!

Last edited by jjaone; 2013-07-04 at 17:21. Reason: some typos fixed

The Following User Says Thank You to jjaone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jjaone View Post
FYI: as of today the built-in Dropbox plugin does not allow sharing of content between N9 and Dropbox. This does not work eventhough the account was previously created. The upload of a picture to Dropbox starts, but then fails every time, just before its it finsihed.

Removing the account makes things worse. It is not possible to re-create the Dropbox account anymore in the N9 after that :-/

As a workaround, the Dropian works, but file sharing is very clumsy, beacuse it does not show as Dropbox share option in the normal content sharing menu. To get files to Dropbox, you have to browse directly to the file in the filesystem with Dropian (no thumbnails and previews) and then select the right file just by its name and then you can upload.

I am gradually seeing a lot of similar degration in my N9 functionality because of these kind of service API changes, that no-one in Nokia is updating in the device. So, "thank you" Mr. Elop for discontinuing the support for this great device pre-maturely, now I just have to move on to Jolla and SailfishOS, to get a decent and modern and open smart phone. And I get to be part of the community that actuall cares - like the TMO here!
ELOP IS A F@'#$R
-He comes from Microsoft to Nokia (i think microsoft send them to Nokia to get a great Phone Builder)
-Destroyed Nokia with his ideas
-Nokia is on the end of existence (Microsoft and Elops Idea)
-Microsoft buy Nokia for a little Money and Elop gets his old Job back.

BASTARD

sry for this but that is what i think.
and i think im not the only one who think so.

RIP Nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to Erazor For This Useful Post: