I'm sorry if anyone have ever talk about it, but I'm searching here for 10 days and nothing!

Tree simple Questions:

- Does Smartreflex works in PR 1.3?
- Any effect in battery life (i know that I cant OC to high)
- If it's available. What's the best activation method?

Tks in Advance...

Last edited by dimbert; 2011-05-13 at 21:05.

Originally Posted by dimbert View Post
I'm sorry if anyone have ever talk about it, but I'm searching here for 10 days and nothing!

Tree simple Questions:

- Does Smartreflex works in PR 1.3?
- Any effect in battery life (i know that I cant OC to high)
- If it's available. What's the best activation method?

Tks in Advance...
Smart reflex is the king of the land of power saving. Some people say it causes random reboots, I however have had none with its use.
  1. Yes it works with pr1.3
  2. Battery life is increased a shitload, it is the most important thing to use to save power (besides altering your behavior).
  3. To activate edit your kernel power profile (under ~/.kernel), you will see an option in there that switches it on.

With SR you will only be able to OC up to 805MHz, although I feel that is ample speed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Smart reflex is the king of the land of power saving. Some people say it causes random reboots, I however have had none with its use.
  1. Yes it works with pr1.3
  2. Battery life is increased a shitload, it is the most important thing to use to save power (besides altering your behavior).
  3. To activate edit your kernel power profile (under ~/.kernel), you will see an option in there that switches it on.

With SR you will only be able to OC up to 805MHz, although I feel that is ample speed.
Thanks a lot for the info!!

Just a sec.. I know there is a SmartReflex vdd1 and vdd2. I have to enable both?

Originally Posted by dimbert View Post
Thanks a lot for the info!!

Just a sec.. I know there is a SmartReflex vdd1 and vdd2. I have to enable both?
That is a debatable point. Apparently back in 1.2 SR vdd2 did nothing (even had an error message that said such.) now in 1.3...who knows!

I have them both enabled just in case. Incrementally experiment and see for yourself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My impression is that it causes reboots for the majority of users. It did for me, but that was a long time ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
That is a debatable point. Apparently back in 1.2 SR vdd2 did nothing (even had an error message that said such.) now in 1.3...who knows!

I have them both enabled just in case. Incrementally experiment and see for yourself.
Tks a Lot Vi... I'm looking for that kind of exact info a long time...

Any advice about the GOVERNOR, IGNORE_NICE_LOAD, UP_THRESHOLD, SAMPLING_RATE or POWERSAVE_BIAS?

I'm working with the "ideal" profile values...

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My impression is that it causes reboots for the majority of users. It did for me, but that was a long time ago.
Decided to try it again after having it disabled for over half of a year and my device crashed in 5 seconds

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Decided to try it again after having it disabled for over half of a year and my device crashed in 5 seconds
What voltage profile/limits are u using?

For me ideal profile/500,805 works like a charm!

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Are you overclocked above 805MHz?

GOVERNOR

Leave as ondemand, remove some of the unneeded frequencys (i.e. 550MHz, whatever, etc)

IGNORE_NICE_LOAD

Set to 1, this stops cpu upspeed for background services

UP_THRESHOLD

Dictates what % CPU being used before increasing clock speed (I have mine at 75)

SAMPLING_RATE

Leave as is

POWERSAVE_BIAS?

Leave as is.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Count me in the people who suffer corruption and reboots with SmartReflex enabled, even with stock speed and voltage.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post: