Active Topics

Originally Posted by rubdos View Post
I have a bug, one that might be very expensive to debug! While on the Thalys, my playing music stutters as we go 300km/h...

It gets better when I'm actually doing something on the phone, but when I turn off the screen, it usually stutters. Only on the Thalys though, didn't experience it anywhere else -- yet.
Do you have GPS switched on? I'm thinking the device could be throttling due to inactivity then being overwhelmed by GPS updates...

This would indeed be expensive to debug!

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Do you have GPS switched on? I'm thinking the device could be throttling due to inactivity then being overwhelmed by GPS updates...

This would indeed be expensive to debug!
Seems like I have it on my local trains too, which costs €1.10 per ride, I have 4G on my laptop, and takes about 2 hours. On top of that, I take that twice a week, so that's quite a bit cheaper :'-)

It's not always though, but I'm guessing it's switching between ground stations while it's doing that. GPS is switched on (in the settings), but it's not active at the moment I'm listening to music.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubdos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Leipzig Germany
Originally Posted by hamudistan View Post
Tried to flash the zip today, but twrp gives me an error message saying "this is for moto z play addison. Your phone is.. "
Well, I'm on addison with patched decrypted stock 7.1.1. and have no clue at the moment how to get further on without massive fiddling around
Solution for me: in newest twrp 3.1.1-1 unoffical, there in the install settings screen is an option to choose "legacy zip". Aktivate it and zip will install without errors

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamudistan For This Useful Post:
I seem to be having problems with bluetooth; can't find new devices.

If I do systemctl restart bluetooth, I can find devices, but can't pair.

The Following User Says Thank You to rubdos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
It would be great if someday the zip could be flashed to the phone in multirom with TWRP multirom ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...m-v33-t3609399 ).

Great project. Please keep up the good work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wokawoka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wokawoka View Post
It would be great if someday the zip could be flashed to the phone in multirom with TWRP multirom ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...m-v33-t3609399 ).
I tried it before, but the MultiROM itself wasn't working properly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
Yes, TWRP multirom for the moto Z play at the moment is buggy and I wasn't able to use it as well.

The guy who ported it recently wrote on xda that he would have update and fix it soon.

Let's really hope he will do it soon ì, it would be really useful in order to dualboot android and sailfish

The Following User Says Thank You to wokawoka For This Useful Post:
Uploaded a new build with SailfishOS 2.1.3.7: http://sfos.scanf.su/addison/sailfis...1.3.7-test.zip. It's still LineageOS 13 based, so there are no changes in terms of hardware support.

I'm currently trying to update to LineageOS 14.1 base, as it has official support for the device, compared to LOS13 and there likely going to be less bugs from Android side.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Uploaded a new build with SailfishOS 2.1.3.7: http://sfos.scanf.su/addison/sailfis...1.3.7-test.zip. It's still LineageOS 13 based, so there are no changes in terms of hardware support.

I'm currently trying to update to LineageOS 14.1 base, as it has official support for the device, compared to LOS13 and there likely going to be less bugs from Android side.
Thanks TheKit for the update! I installed it, here are my current remarks:

- Camera occasionally bugs/doesn't start
- Disabling second (unavailable) sim crashes the first SIM. This took a long time to figure out. After reverting to 2.1.0, I noticed what went wrong, and then went back to 2.1.3. I also have this on 2.1.0 thus.
- Some graphical elements -- unsure which ones -- render black. Tab previews in the browser are among them, and some images in quickddit and the Twitter event view.
- Bluetooth seems more stable/less buggy, but I don't have my hands on my speaker atm to test.
- No OTA updates, but I heard progress is made there! This means you HAVE to backup and restore. And preferably, also backup your home directory, as application data is not always covered by the system backup.

Due to few regressions and a lot of new features, I'm staying on this release. Thanks TheKit! :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubdos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Sounds good, are you having any luck?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post: