Active Topics

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2018 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Sailfish on the Moto Z Play is absolutely amazing. It runs days on a single charge and works absolutely smooth. Only the buggy camera keeps me from using Sailfish OS as an every day system. I agree with suicidal_orange, it would be great to get an update.
Thank you so much for the work already done, TheKit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
SFOS runs really well on Moto Z Play, feels very polished.

I will send a full working engineering sample of Keyboard Mod to TheKit ahead of release and he can tinker with it and make it work under SFOS.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Does this port work on XT1635-03, the 64gb version supposedly sold in China?

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Does this port work on XT1635-03, the 64gb version supposedly sold in China?
Yep, working fine on my -03 Z Play.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glebanych For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glebanych View Post
Yep, working fine on my -03 Z Play.
Thanks! Sadly it's no longer available though, the search for my next phone continues...

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Hey there,

boy it feels good to be back (used to have / love and now miss my N900 back in the days).

Anyways, funny enough I was thinking about trying to port Sailfish OS to a spare MotoZ that I have lying around when I found this thread thanks to the amazing @chengliangchen.

Anyway since I have a bit spare time and more importantly a spare MotoZ I'd like to get my hands "dirty". @TheKing do you think I could take your work as a base (using the LineageOS version for the Griffin of course?). Do you have any suspicions why SailfishOS is still 13.1 based?

Thanks ahead,
blck

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by blck View Post
Anyways, funny enough I was thinking about trying to port Sailfish OS to a spare MotoZ that I have lying around when I found this thread thanks to the amazing @chengliangchen.
Talking of Chen, he posted 2 days ago that someone activated his motomod keyboard on the sailfish port of the MotoX: https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/st...95958381322242
it was wrongly attributed to someone who corrected it in the comments, but we don't know who did it...
Probably someone from this forum ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
It's been a long time, but I've updated the first post with a new build on LineageOS 14.1 base: sailfishos-addison-release-2.1.3.7-rel3.zip.

It support Keyboard Mod hotplugging now (make sure to have phone disconnected from PC, keyboard can't work simultaneously due to HW limitation). Video playback in browser is fixed by switching to gst-omx, camera seems to work more stable on new base as well. Also we have 64-bit binder now, which makes device more similar to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (mido) and Xperia X (if you get the hint).

Of issues I noticed, video playback is even worse in YTPlayer than it was before, but downloading video and playing it in Gallery works fine, so not sure what the issue is related to.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
@Zeta The work was done by TheKit I mistakenly at the wrong person on Twitter

TheKit has did such a lovely job that seems the keyboard Mod works even better and stabler than under native Android - another evidence that SFOS is superior than Android. And now the keyboard works out of box.

I will post some video later with Keyboard Mod working under SFOS.

========================

Update: Video uploaded: https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/st...19341504438272

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-03-31 at 23:10.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: