Blackberry have shared photos of their new none slider phone. It still sports a hardware keyboard but not too many details on the specs have been given yet (although it is thought to be comparable with the Priv)

http://www.cbsmoto.com/first-look-at...android-phone/

I quite like the design of this one.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
RIP Blackberry. Do we have a place in grave yard near meego and maemo for yet another platform that was killed because company fails to promote it to customers and 3rd party devs?

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
RIP Blackberry. Do we have a place in grave yard near meego and maemo for yet another platform that was killed because company fails to promote it to customers and 3rd party devs?
That's a bit of a simplication, but I think you're missing Palm and Jolla from your list. UIQ too.

Assuming the renders are reasonably representative of the truth, this could sell well. Hopefully it won't be crippled with 'security' features like the Priv.

Of course, it takes Blackberry's usual approach of having a portrait keyboard, not landscape...still hoping for a new phone with a N900-esque keyboard one of these days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Android? Goodnight, Vienna.

My website

GitHub

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Initially this reminded me of the Peek device...

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
That's a bit of a simplication, but I think you're missing Palm and Jolla from your list. UIQ too.
You're right about Palm OS en Webos. But Jolla is still alive.

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Assuming the renders are reasonably representative of the truth, this could sell well. Hopefully it won't be crippled with 'security' features like the Priv.
What do you mean with crippled? Are you talking about not being able to root?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Last edited by The Wizard of Huz; 2015-11-16 at 03:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
If it's not overpriced as BB products usually are, it's able to penetrate into "can't-live-without-posting-comment-to-every-single-photo-across-all-possible-social-junk-places" sort of a market.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......