Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by feedme View Post
Paraoid mode :ON date on picture Paranoid mode :OFF
Am I the only one that noticed the date is correct only in the lockscreen screenshot (the one you can do even without the phone using the sdk emulator), but off by two months in the "real" picture ?
14th of August : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=563
vs
8 June : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=565

At your position, I would wait for a picture of one on top of the newspapers with the Olympic medals list, before starting to lower the paranoid mode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Am I the only one that noticed the date is correct only in the lockscreen screenshot (the one you can do even without the phone using the sdk emulator), but off by two months in the "real" picture ?
vs

At your position, I would wait for a picture of one on top of the newspapers with the Olympic medals list, before starting to lower the paranoid mode.
Are you saying this is a scam?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Are you saying this is a scam?
Just stating facts : date is different on the two pictures, and good only in the one easy to counterfeit.
Deduce whatever you want

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Just stating facts : date is different on the two pictures, and good only in the one easy to counterfeit.
Deduce whatever you want
I smell a scam

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Someone wasn't too cautious removing the thread tags related to scam. It is time to bring them back.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
vs

You're up for a surprise

I smelled something fishy too, then found some more videos of Turing and saw the same time there as well, so I thought "maybe some internal meeting where they made all these videos?" and even started writing a lenghy post about it here on TMO.

But then realized they all are showing the Tutorial app, so I opened it myself... And found out that the lock screen is from the Tutorial with the exact same date - 8 June. Try running the Tutorial for yourself

That being said, I am very cautious about the whole Turing thing, but the date issue has an explanation.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
But then realized they all are showing the Tutorial app, so I opened it myself... And found out that the lock screen is from the Tutorial with the exact same date - 8 June. Try running the Tutorial for yourself
Well spotted !

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
That being said, I am very cautious about the whole Turing thing, but the date issue has an explanation.
Yes, I am cautious too. Now explained, that sole point doesn't prove it is fake, nor that it is true.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Not sure how much more evidence you need....
Attached Images

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
Not sure how much more evidence you need....
Hi.
You do realize that this screenshot can come from any of the devices Sailfish runs on, including the software emulator in the sdk ?

Usually, when trying to provide evidence, people tend to take a picture of the real device, with carefully chosen background (like some Olympics related news, that are easy to date), and/or with the device running some real apps and not the tutorial (for example the system page showing the device specific data).

That said, you don't have to prove me anything. Feel free to share whatever you want !

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Personally I think it's absurd you're accusing me of running some scam or lying. What do I have to gain by lying? This is the last pic I'll be posting to "prove" my phone is real cause clearly the browser w a date clear as day isnt sufficient enough for some of you
Attached Images

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone