Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi,

A number of people had issues while upgrade to the latest Diablo release related to availability of a newer version of libbz2. I did not quite understand what steps exactly lead to the issue, however to avoid this problems in future I uploaded FBReader to the extras repository. So from now on, you should not really need to add one more repository to install FBReader

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to MishaS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
cool! thank you! i love having all good software in extras.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
perfect. this is how it should be

I'm not sure if I ever thanked you for FBreader on maemo... so here it goes: THANK YOU !

Because of all the dependency issues I've had with 3rd party repositories I decided not to use them anymore. Thanks for not having to part with FBReader!

Hi can anyone help me here on FBreader what type of files does uses FBR ( zip, Html, and where to put the files, i do not know how to go to ~/MyDocs/books:/media/mmc1/ since this is the path to put books,
Need to know mmc1 stands for which card a little light to clear my ignorance of linux will do me and some much good and thanks for the help.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
Hi can anyone help me here on FBreader what type of files does uses FBR ( zip, Html, and where to put the files, i do not know how to go to ~/MyDocs/books:/media/mmc1/ since this is the path to put books,
Need to know mmc1 stands for which card a little light to clear my ignorance of linux will do me and some much good and thanks for the help.
Id supports most of the free formats, (have you even checked the fbreader link above?). You can put the books in any folder and then add them to the library in FBreader.

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Id supports most of the free formats, Please explain
(have you even checked the fbreader link above?).
did not see it sorry
You can put the books in any folder and then add them to the library in FBreader.
Id is what

How do you add it been searching for file manager under library but do not see the card, thanks for your help

T3 - IT 810

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2008-09-18 at 18:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to Un27Pee For This Useful Post:
Change the library path by click on the icon that looks like a screwdriver and a wrench, then select the Library tab.

To add a book to the library, click the icon that looks like a book with a + next to it, navigate to the directory where you keeps books (if not in the library path above) then pick the book.

All this is described in the help file that comes with FBReader.

Thanks
i have seen how to add a book but my quest is how to make the book path look to my sd card this is the current path shown~/MyDocs/Books:/media/mmc1/ don't know where it points to, well i want it to point to my sd card folder named ebooks so that i can save my files
what will be the path:
My problem is i am not familiar with mmc or mmc1 or media

T3 - IT 810

Tags
extras, fbreader