Active Topics

Notices

Hello,

Is there any hope on the FM Radio application getting an update of some sorts?
The current version is really annoying to use and stutters quite regularly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arif For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Dude I've been thinking to open such thread some time ago. Yeah I would really like to see an update or a new app. Its not very user friendly , look very old fashioned and doesn't display RDS

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The FM radio app allow to use this hiide function. why nokia doesen't support this??? it's strange... this FM app need some improvements indeed:

-disable bluetooth after been quiting the app
-improve interface because it's old and unpleasant to see. Copy Galaxy S, it app is very beautiful
-5/6 direct access buttons to stations
-able to switch between mono and stereo
-improve Radio Text reception

Last edited by gruik; 2010-08-22 at 13:27.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If N900 FM radio is getting an update, I would love to make a request to make the FM Tuner digitise.

Analog may look good and fast but it is terrible when tuning. I would prefer a digital version instead. Digital is accurate and reliable, Analog is not accurate.

I would really like the following options:
- Digital seeker (+ and - button for auto search and manual seeking each)
- go to frequency option where you can directly select a frequency to go to.
- Greatly improved audio output (MAFW integration maybe?)

It would really make the app a joy to use

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
is it possible to use fm radio without headset (asks me for headset every time), or is n900's fm transmitter limited to transmitting only?

recording support (via dbus interface to recaller) would be nice also. See this.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
in most cellphones, and mp3/4 players of any kind, the headset plays as the radio antenna, so no, you cant use the fm reciever without the antenna

fm transmitter is limited to transmite from cellphone to world, the fm radio uses fm reciever

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
I have been satisfied with fm radio as it is. of course there is some things you could do better. I usually use only one favoite local station and there is no need to change fq.

Power consumption is much bigger than in symbian radios.

The radio stops now and then without any reason.

Rds text have troubles with scandinavian letters

Last edited by koivjann; 2010-08-22 at 16:04.

Originally Posted by durazell View Post
is it possible to use fm radio without headset (asks me for headset every time), or is n900's fm transmitter limited to transmitting only?
the system requires something plugged to headphone/audio/video-socket to be used as FM-antenna. Even just plain mono 3.5mm plug without any wires soldered to it works, if you then touch the connector so yourself become the antenna.

I have for _years_ suggested Nokia would make a "touch-FM-antenna" and write the FM-radio applications and drivers so it would not require headphones to be connected. In emergencies one could listen strong FM-stations (in mono) just by using moist wooden stick or something inside the 3.5mm socket.