Active Topics

I'm a complete newb with Linux and have no idea where to start. I went to Meamo.com and checked out the Gaim, but I'm not exactly sure on how to install it. If someone could give me instructions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Update!: I got it installed.

Last edited by Mysteriouskk; 2007-01-28 at 05:46.

Same boat here...

Go to http://maemo.org/

click on the wiki tab then application repositories under OS2007
Add the maemo and maemo extras repositories to your application manager. (Menu - Tools - Application Manager then Menu - Tools - Application Catalog)
Add the new repositories then refresh the application list. Pick the ones you want.
It's not that hard.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ San Jose, CA
woot!,got it installed too!

I followed these instructions

Repository: http://maemo-hackers.org/apt
Distribution: mistral
Component: main

Repository: http://repository.maemo.org
Distribution: mistral
Component: non-free

Make sure you download
maemo-gaim
maemo-gaim-data
maemo-gaim-locale-[whatever language you want to use]
maemo-gaim-protocol-[protocols you want to use]

The password is case sensitive, so make sure you enter it correctly on the keyboard of your N800.

Last edited by Beefy6969; 2007-01-29 at 03:51.

Originally Posted by BanditRider View Post
Go to http://maemo.org/

click on the wiki tab then application repositories under OS2007
Add the maemo and maemo extras repositories to your application manager. (Menu - Tools - Application Manager then Menu - Tools - Application Catalog)
Add the new repositories then refresh the application list. Pick the ones you want.
It's not that hard.
OK I did that, and everything seemed to go ok, but now whenever I try to one click install something it says "Unable to refresh list, last refreshed list is shown" and the install fails.

Wots up wi' dat?

Either one of your repositories is down or you have a typo Check them carefully. Disable them one at a time and refresh until it works. Then you'll know which one.

Also if you're doing this on an 800, you should be using the bora distribution, not the mistral. Pay attention. I said look at the application repositories under OS2007.

Gaim does not apper in the bora repositories.

Either one of your repositories is down or you have a typo Check them carefully. Disable them one at a time and refresh until it works. Then you'll know which one.

Also if you're doing this on an 800, you should be using the bora distribution, not the mistral. Pay attention. I said look at the application repositories under OS2007.

Yup, did that. Added the maemo and maemo extras repositories, both Bora.

I Disabled them one at a time and refreshed until it works. "Then you'll know which one" They both gave me the "Unable to refresh list, last refreshed list is shown" error. I now have both of them disabled, and can add software from the catalog but not from the maemo repositories.

I have the same proble, it seems to be key problem. I think i should import the key, but i dont know how

Check carefully for a typo.
Some URLs end with a / and some do not. Try them both with and without a trailing /