Hi,

I am a Newbie and while familiar with computers I am not very familiar with Linux. The problem I'm having is that I started downloading a bittorrent file using Transmission and I didn't realize the file was being saved to my internal memory card. Well as would be expected I quickly ran out of space on my internal card. I want to delete the file but I can see the directory when I go through File Manager on my N800 and of course the internal card doesn't show up on my computer when I access my tablet via a USB cable. I have searched the threads and haven't been able to find a solution. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Unless anyone has a better idea: reflash the OS.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
try uninstalling transmission and reinstalling it. or format the card through the tablet.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Originally Posted by fargrove View Post
Hi,

I am a Newbie and while familiar with computers I am not very familiar with Linux. The problem I'm having is that I started downloading a bittorrent file using Transmission and I didn't realize the file was being saved to my internal memory card. Well as would be expected I quickly ran out of space on my internal card. I want to delete the file but I can see the directory when I go through File Manager on my N800 and of course the internal card doesn't show up on my computer when I access my tablet via a USB cable. I have searched the threads and haven't been able to find a solution. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Well, you could delete the download directory in file manager which will delete any files in there as well. Best thing to do would be to use X-Terminal, cd to the download directory, use "ls -a" command to list all the files in there, and use "rm" command to delete the partially downloaded file. Partial file is most likely a hidden file (starts with ".") which is why you will need to use "-a" option to ls to see it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing Transmission but unfortunately it doesn't delete the torrent file. Shouldn't there be a way to delete it from within Transmission? I am hesitant to re-flash my OS or formatting my internal card as I would prefer not to have to re-install all my apps.

I used X-Terminal as suggested and I was able to delete the files. Thanks.