when i recieve mine. from new egg .. it was amazing.. all i need is in this mini comouter in a pocket. if 70% of your life is in front of a screen and a keyboard.. youll love this thing. even if your not a linux genius. im not and didnt even need the manual to get all the features. i thank the community for this...

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA, USA
It does basically what i want. The phone implementation is a little wonky, but it's ok. I can't get over the fact that it has an xterm, have already used it to tarball files, move stuff around...

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
IM in love with my N900 but apparently I can`t use it in flights overseas as I think it does not have a flight mode or am I wrong?

best phone there is and its only on the 1st firmware, if i was the ipone company, i be thinking of ways to make the iphone 4 way better fast

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
IM in love with my N900 but apparently I can`t use it in flights overseas as I think it does not have a flight mode or am I wrong?
Push the power button and pick "Offline Mode." If you want to use WiFi you'll have to pull the SIM.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Push the power button and pick "Offline Mode." If you want to use WiFi you'll have to pull the SIM.
Thanks Eric

So far so GREAT!

oh, one thing that I noticed(but it don't bother me) is my phone has 1 dead pixel allll the way to the left of the screen in between the midlle an the buttom side.

FM transmitter is transmitting weak signal. Anyone here have a tip how
to make the FM transmitter work better?

Originally Posted by N900FTW View Post
oh, one thing that I noticed(but it don't bother me) is my phone has 1 dead pixel allll the way to the left of the screen in between the midlle an the buttom side.

FM transmitter is transmitting weak signal. Anyone here have a tip how
to make the FM transmitter work better?
What are you transmitting to?

I've noticed some radios don't seem to pick it up well while others do. Almost as if they're shielded.

For example, my Phillips DVD/Tuner system only picks up the signal if I literally hold the CPC (Cellular PC) against the antenna.

However my Jeep Wrangler picks up the signal so well I can actually have the CPC sitting in the console between the seats, closed, and it picks up clear as a bell with no interference.

i'm not a geek at all, i love gadgets and my old contract was up for renewal i have been following this handset with interest, i recieved it on saturday and i love it. it does all i need it to 5 do, it can do so much and i doubt i'm even using 50 percent of what the phone is capable of. my initial fears of the phone have proven unfounded, i was really worried about the keyboard cause i have huge hands, but the keyboard is a joy to use, and with regard to the top row of keys being to close to the screen when you slide it up, i can't say i've noticed it. and believe me, my hands are big. screen is also very good. overall i'm massively pleased. i have no problems with the phone and the battery life is ok, as i've said i'm not a geek and this phone for me is a multimedia device, so don't be scared by the early adopter tag, pick it up and have a go. you wont be dissapointed

The Following User Says Thank You to Barts For This Useful Post: