Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
I think Aqua Fish got it. Jolla C not.
It's *supposed* to have it, but it was also *supposed* to be a SnapDeal exclusive with the SnapDeal Partner Screen...

What has actually been shipped to customers?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Aquafish got an indian streaming client called Ganaa as partnerspace. It is removable

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post

And by the way, I got the Jolla C and yeah, it has neither a compass nor a gyroscope. Can't find a difference in performance compared to Sbj, and the kernel is pretty old too -- 3.10. Quite unimpressed so far.
Not worth losing the hwkb at all, at least for me.
The missing compass and gyroscope is really a huge let down for me. Will have to see, if I switch to Jolla C as my daily driver or keep it just as a backup. Still hoping for a soon coming official Sailfish Fairphone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Took some shots yesterday with the phone and compared with the Jolla.
Seems like the sensor is a better one as I don't get much noise in sunlight (though could be better SNR processing only).
But the lense is horror. Softer than the Jolla one so you get blurry photos if you take a look at 100%.
Jolla in contrast produced sharper photos. Though I also think there is much more sharpening going on in post processing on the Jolla.

The aperture seems to be 2.6 instead of 2.4 like on the Jolla.
So slower and capturing less light.
AWB on Jolla C is better and tends to be more on the cooler side. I like that. Jolla one is more in the warmer (Canon like) side of things.

I think I will release another Techview VLog about it (I also did some other videos, mostly in german but I think you can get the message even if you don't understand a word)

Overall the camera is dissapointing because the lense is too soft. I have "Smartphones" here from 2010 producing better images with lesser megapixels.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
The missing compass and gyroscope is really a huge let down for me. Will have to see, if I switch to Jolla C as my daily driver or keep it just as a backup. Still hoping for a soon coming official Sailfish Fairphone!
Does it really miss the gyro and compass, or is it simply a matter of drivers? As a "reference device" I would expect it ti have all the most common accessories available.

As for normal use, I guess I can live without compass, but gyro would be missed. Or are they using a different orientation sensor?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
are you ok when i translate/transcript some subtitels for the latest Jolla c video? It is awesome and i guess non german viewers would like to understand to.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
are you ok when i translate/transcript some subtitels for the latest Jolla c video? It is awesome and i guess non german viewers would like to understand to.
Yeah you can do that
That would be awesome

edit:
Maybe I can also record the next videos in english aswell. I guess the target audience should understand this universal language

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
nice, will do this evening!

Edit, do so! Have no fear, your english is perfectly understandable!

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-22 at 10:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
could please someone post the unaltered content of
Code:
cat /sys/devices/soc.0/1c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/governor
from Jolla C?

I set it to performance but did not store the original content.

REASON:
I think to have a major bug on 2.0.3.11.
Every ended call freezes the Phone completely for me.

The govenor is the only thing i changed, everything else is stock , no patchmanager installed.

And on the brighter side, is it a change in 2.0.3.11 that after a call ends, the last active app is now brought up front again?
I was navigating and got a call. after it ended the navi came up again but crashes do to above described bug.

EDIT, ok it is "msm-adreno-tz", found the file i backuped it to.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-22 at 12:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
could please someone post the unaltered content of
Code:
cat /sys/devices/soc.0/1c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/governor
from Jolla C?

I set it to performance but did not store the original content.
Code:
msm-adreno-tz

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os