Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Such lawsuits are common and, since they are inconvenient and expensive, are frequently settled out of court to the profit of the suit instigators.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
I am not against Nokia going with Windows Phone. But I didn't like was them making it their one and only option. Elop should have never called Symbian a burning platform and kill MeeGo. That was stupid.

Symbian was not dead, it died the instant he released that memo, and he never wanted MeeGo to succeed because he released it in limited quantities in small almost insignificant markets. Windows Phone, MeeGo, Symbian and Android devices in stores worldwide would have been nothing but good for them, cause consumers love choice, and they would have had four from a great brand.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coopere For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Now shareholders think WP strategy is a fraud?
I lose money so i sue?
Lol did you actually read the article? It was more like the justifications of moving to WP strategy were clearly misrepresented to shareholders, now we'll (note it's class action, not a standard lawsuit) hold Elop accountable for his actions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by HanzBlix
Lol did you actually read the article?
Yes i did.

Originally Posted by HanzBlix
It was more like the jjustifications of moving to WP strategy were clearly misrepresented to shareholders, now we'll (note it's class action, not a standard lawsuit) hold Elop accountable for his actions.
If i told you, the new strategy is go to WP (and give reasons that we don't know all of them) and you say yes let's go for that strategy, who's fault is it?

I sold you the idea (i'm good seller) and you buy it (you dont make the best choice), now that you see it wasn't the best choice, you are going against me?

Who is the boss here? Elop? Shareholders who put Elop as CEO?

Bad choice, take it like a man a deserve the money you lose, not cry like a baby.

If you don't want more Elop as CEO, next meeting talk about it.

Greetings.

Edit: This is priceless:

K) statements preceded by "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "foresee," "target," "estimate," "designed," "aim", "plans," "will" or similar expressions.
Who is the boss? Nokia o Windows?

…our ability to make Nokia products with Windows Phone a competitive choice for consumers, and together with Microsoft, our success in encouraging and supporting a competitive and profitable global ecosystem for Windows Phone smartphones that achieves sufficient scale, value and attractiveness to all market participants
For Windows Phone smartphones, no Nokia smartphones.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2012-05-04 at 15:55.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Despite this being one of the worst case scenarios, I'm wondering how the board of directors will respond. Shareholders are losing way too much money, the revenue continues to go downhill... I can see this getting ugly, expensive, but almost necessary quickly.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Sooooo funny. Stephen Elop is getting lonelier in his "WP is going to be a success" bubble. Actually it's not that funny it's just sad I don't even want to joke about how much nokia has failed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
The Windows Phone Disinformation Minister.
Attached Images

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-05-04 at 17:02.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
The Windows Phone Disinformation Minister.
Oops. Wrong image.
Attached Images

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by coopere View Post
I am not against Nokia going with Windows Phone. But I didn't like was them making it their one and only option. Elop should have never called Symbian a burning platform and kill MeeGo. That was stupid.

Symbian was not dead, it died the instant he released that memo, and he never wanted MeeGo to succeed because he released it in limited quantities in small almost insignificant markets. Windows Phone, MeeGo, Symbian and Android devices in stores worldwide would have been nothing but good for them, cause consumers love choice, and they would have had four from a great brand.
Sorry to burst your Symbian bubble. Symbian is very dead. When I picked up N8, as it came out initially, I was amazed that NOKIA can put such a crap on the market. I knew then, that its over, and it was matter of time before they go to toilet. It was clear to management and board that as soon as Android and Apple pushed their penetration into Asia, where NOKIA enjoyed support, that it will be only a matter of time before crappy Symbian is wiped out.

This has nothing to do with Elop. It has to do with the fact that NOKIA is competing against much better OSs. NOKIA is still relying on WW2 tanks while the competition is lasering them off the map. WP is the best choice they had, perhaps too late, but the best choice.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: