Question about the calendar: is there any way to make the Week View the default view so every time I open calendar it shows me the entire week, instead of having to switch to week view every single time?

Is this feature request now dead? I only just raw into it now, and I was hoping this would last me the 10 years my old Palm Clie did, which, of course, did repeating events very well.

Originally Posted by josh View Post
I ran into this same issue. The most useful additional cases, I think:

"every Nth week" (or month)

"every week on these days" (Tuesday and Thursday, for instance),

"every month on these days" (Mth and Nth of the month, or Mth Fooday and Nth Barday of the month).

I'd say it makes the most sense to combine these cases in the UI. In the following mockup, "text" represents a label, {text} represents a control, and other text represents a description.

First line: "Every" {1,2,3,...} {weeks,months},
Second line for weeks: "on" {M T W Th F S Su} (allowing multiple selections, highlighting selected days)
Second line for months: "day of" {month,week} {1,2,3,4,...,31} or {Nth} {M T W Th F S Su}
[add]

For months, each line would only take one day of the month or one day of week, and the add button would make another line.

psst. Think this has been a valid request for enough years now.

Someone at Nokia please spend a few minutes and add the options to the dropdown.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by MrYellow View Post
psst. Think this has been a valid request for enough years now.
That's true!

Originally Posted by MrYellow View Post
Someone at Nokia please spend a few minutes and add the options to the dropdown.
Har har

But I support this request, as this is one thing I really miss (being used to Nokia/Symbian calendar functionality); knowing this will never happen anymore ...

Tags
calendar, events, repeat