Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Kiev, Ukraine
I've downloaded some music folders into /home/user/MyDocs/Music default folder. Nevertheless, media player insists that there are no artists and no songs whatsoever.
It means that despite the fact that music folders are perfectly intact and visible in the file system, player is neglecting the very existence of such a matter.
The same repeats for video and gallery application.

Nokia N9, pr 1.3., connected via "sync and connect". mass storage is not working because what I can only see is empty labels (1KB).

Recently I flashed my phone using flasher. Everything worked as it was meant to be (I suppose )

I'd be most grateful for your assistance. Thanks!

Last edited by ehnaton; 2013-01-09 at 12:30.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Many threads for this issue exist

Anyway your first step is to check for corruption in your user-dirs.dirs file.

You can do so by typing in terminal:
Code:
cat /home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs
Paste the output here if you can't detect it

Thanks for your reply.
Since I cannot make a screenshot (warning "error while making screenshot") I won't attach a picture of how does my screen look like.
Still, it is clear that the target folder could be found here
Code:
XDG_MUSIC_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Music"
The problem is I cannot copy and paste any folder, it takes too long and seems the copying is simply halted.
The same occurs if I were to use Nokia Link

UPD
Code:
# This file is written by xdg-user-dirs-update
# If you want to change or add directories, just edit the line you're
# interested in. All local changes will be retained on the next run
# Format is XDG_xxx_DIR="$HOME/yyy", where yyy is a shell-escaped
# homedir-relative path, or XDG_xxx_DIR="/yyy", where /yyy is an
# absolute path. No other format is supported.
# 
XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs"
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Downloads"
XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs"
XDG_PUBLICSHARE_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs"
XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Documents"
XDG_MUSIC_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Music"
XDG_PICTURES_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Pictures"
XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Movies"

Last edited by ehnaton; 2013-01-09 at 12:57.

So there is no corruption of the user-dirs.dirs file...

Just reading your OP again and it says that you have an issue when using mass storage... Could you give slightly more details on it; like when did you first discover it and what you had done prior to it and after it to fix it...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
So there is no corruption of the user-dirs.dirs file...

Just reading your OP again and it says that you have an issue when using mass storage... Could you give slightly more details on it; like when did you first discover it and what you had done prior to it and after it to fix it...
I manually edited the above mentioned file and pointed to a different folder that contains music files. To no avail.
A couple of days ago I connected my phone to another machine. Immediately Nokia Ovi started and some unbeknown syncing began. Immediately I disconnected the phone. After that I could not spot any changes. Today after the first reboot since that happened I spotted that no video/music etc can be reachable via player/gallery and so on.
I believe that might be the case though.

I think your partition is corrupted hence the issue... You can use sync&connect to grab your data out and then format the vFAT partition or do a emmc-only flash...

I think your partition is corrupted hence the issue... You can use sync&connect to grab your data out and then format the vFAT partition or do a emmc-only flash...
http://i.imgur.com/dDY7a.jpg
If you follow the link you'll see how a screen of my PC looks like.
Could you please instruct how to perform "vFAT partition"?

Many thanks for your concern.

I haven't used XP in a long time but aren't those folders simply shortcut icons? Can you enable hidden files and see if you have your real stuff hidden?

To format in Windows once you have all your data out, connect your device as mass storage and format the removable disk. Choose FAT32 as the type and block size as 4096b

I haven't used XP in a long time but aren't those folders simply shortcut icons? Can you enable hidden files and see if you have your real stuff hidden?

To format in Windows once you have all your data out, connect your device as mass storage and format the removable disk. Choose FAT32 as the type and block size as 4096b
I'm forced to use XP for my work, damn it
When I click at any label that you can see in the snapshot above, PC states that I'm referring to F:\843921.exe file which was moved or changed and is not available at the moment.

Originally Posted by ehnaton View Post
I'm forced to use XP for my work, damn it
When I click at any label that you can see in the snapshot above, PC states that I'm referring to F:\843921.exe file which was moved or changed and is not available at the moment.
You seem to have virus/malware in your device from your PC

A format should fix it up...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: