Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
This is actually a work in progress, the UI isn't final but it's something I've always wanted

v0.2:

Open to suggestions (UI or features), I wanted a slider instead of a button to unlock the device, but the default Qt slider looks crappy at best.

Devs: The package actually contains some system backends (which I plan to add MeeGo/Harmattan support to later on, something like Qt Mobility, but for stuff like the mediaplayer/profiles etc).

Also, I need to add notifications support (missed calls/messages etc.)

It should be in -devel soon (20 minutes max), package name is enhanced-lockscreen.

Me and Venemo are planning a Nokia Bubbles rewrite, just thought I'd say that

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-07-17 at 14:30.

The Following 211 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
-L-, 9000, aanckar, ahmadamaj, Alfred, Andy1210, AndyNokia232, antezz, Aonsaithya, archonon, arnoldux, arora.rohan, barzam, bigears5000, bipinbn, bitrocky, bltcool, bobbydoedoe, Boemien, borghal, brandonc, Bundyo, captainofiron, Captwheeto, Carlito, CepiPerez, cevenn, cfh11, Changegames, Char, christexaport, Chrome, clasificado, codeMonkey, corduroysack, Crugath, csaba93, CutterSlade, Daneel, dar3d3vil, Dark_Angel85, datjomp, Dave999, Deaconclgi, Dead1nside, debernardis, deegore, Del, Deserve, don_falcone, dotnixau, drangina, droitwichgas, dtergens, eefo, ejasmudar, eL.ectron1k, Electricgod, elie-7, ersanpermana, Estel, Evilson, excelar8, F2thaK, fatcobrah, Faz, figaro, fmo, freemangordon, frostbyte, fw190, Garcel, gazza_d, gionni88, giorgosmit, godofwar424, gordonshowers, gsever, hawaii, HELLASISGREECE, Helmuth, HtheB, Hurrian, ikirk, ironm8, ivanrajkovic, ivyking, jakiman, jedi, Jenason, JimKnopf, Joseph9560, jpala16, jstokes, jtwoody, K9999, kamil365, kent_autistic, kevloral, kl2010, klinglerware, knarf, latindark, lidow, Maj3stic, maluka, Manuvimal, marble, mathiasp, matristain, mdb666, mece, MeeGoExperts, Mentalist Traceur, MetalGearSolid, mikecomputing, Minhaz, MINKIN2, mmlado, moepda, mohi2k7, mrsellout, MyNokiaN900, Natan_xy, neboja, nicholes, nicolai, nishkarsh, Nokia 5700, NokiaRocks, NokTokDaddy, nology, number41, NvyUs, Obsidian, optimaxxx, OVK, oxpo, panjgoori, patemera, pawelstryju, pedrolucasbp, phap, pillar, Pillum, prankster, PUNK, pursueky, qw3rty, Ragnar79, raily, raverpol, renowong, riceboy, rizbert, Russe89, sabryhm, sanchdaniel, Schturman, sdixit, Sevanteri, shallimus, shawwawa, sidd211095, Silvarum, skykooler, SL65, smoothc, sony123, Soppa, SPARTAN563, sr00t, SSLMM, stickymick, stlpaul, stone17, Stonik, strange1712, Straycat, taaheel, te37v, Temporal, Tensuke, TheBootroo, theonelaw, thp, Tiboric, tlex26, TMavica, traysh, Trestry, Tumleh, udaychaitanya16, uhbhatti88, victorevo, videohese, visN900, vkv.raju, VulcanRidr, warhawk007, whayong, willkr, wimmme, wmarone, x61, XiliX, xRobby, ysss, zdanee, Zekahz, ZogG
Any chance of copying the N9's double tap to open as another forum user as just requested?

Last edited by droitwichgas; 2011-06-26 at 16:11.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
looks great....great song as well

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Good grief. I waited for a long time for someone to make this. You're the best MAG. I demand nokia that they should hand a N950 for you so that meego's future will looks brighter

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Garcel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Thanks MAG, looks awesome!

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Any chance of coping the N9's double tap to open as another forum user as just requested?
Yes, the hardware is there in the N900 (as joerg_rw or ShadowJK pointed out), it's in the accelerometer (detecting taps, as on the Nokia E66), but the driver doesn't have support for it, and I'm not qualified to write/fix the existing driver.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-06-24 at 20:07. Reason: s/driver/hardware/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
MAG, if you manage to make the unlock button a slider and also increase the size of the media player buttons, then it should be possible to control playback "blindly" (with the phone in the pocket for example).

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Any chance of coping the N9's double tap to open as another forum user as just requested?
How does that work with a resistive touchscreen? Wouldn't you risk accidental unlocks?

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Yes, the hardware is there in the N900 (as joerg_rw or ShadowJK pointed out), it's in the accelerometer (detecting taps, as on the Nokia E66), but the driver doesn't have support for it, and I'm not qualified to write/fix the existing driver.
yes, the accelerometer can detect taps and even double taps, but need configuration for the 2 (3) parameters tap direction, tap strength (threshold), (and double tap time distance). The kernel driver in stock maemo kernel doesn't support this afaik, I think it could get augmented for that without breaking the API - could go to powerkernel.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
This is actually a work in progress, the UI isn't final but it's something I've always wanted

Open to suggestions (UI or features), I wanted a slider instead of a button to unlock the device, but the default Qt slider looks crappy at best.

Devs: The package actually contains some system backends (which I plan to add MeeGo/Harmattan support to later on, something like Qt Mobility, but for stuff like the mediaplayer/profiles etc).

Also, I need to add notifications support (missed calls/messages etc.)

It should be in -devel soon (20 minutes max), package name is enhanced-lockscreen.

Me and Venemo are planning a Nokia Bubbles rewrite, just thought I'd say that
YES! THANK YOU!

trying the lockscreen as we speak

The Following User Says Thank You to uhbhatti88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
@Mag

I have a request..is it possible to make our N900 unlock screen showup on double tapping...its sucks to do a physical button action to bring up the unlock screen

the enhanced lockscreen looks awesome though..many thanks

Bipin