Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Yes, I'm sorry about that.

The applet crashes the status menu on the device, and then is not loaded anymore. I didn't notice because before uploading, it does not happen in the SDK. Please downgrade to 0.0.1-3 if you can (execute "apt-get install status-area-applet-tor=0.0.1-3" as root) or deinstall for now. I'll replace this ASAP.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guangzhou, China
0.0.3-1 works great! Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to mpsi For This Useful Post:
guys, could some of you point me to the manual that explains how to perform "full tuneling" for all of the traffic, not only http one?

what I basically need is to TOR all VoIP traffic, as my greedy T-Mobile starts breaking VoIP packages once they are detected

The tor network isn't scaled to handle VoIP traffic, so there's not much point. The latency would make it unusable.

If you want to tunnel the traffic it would be better to use VPN to your own network (home or work), and tunnel everything through VPN. You would get much better performance than the tor network can ever give you. Tor is designed mainly to let people hide where email traffic and the like is coming from.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dyce View Post
is there anything like this for SSH and SSH tunneling? Tor is a little slow.
Create a shell alias (or optionally configure ~/.ssh/config), set up public key authentication and use X-Terminal?

(btw: Using Maemo's browser with the SOCKS proxy provided by SSH isn't yet supported - see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6739 - however, you can use Firefox/Fennec with the SOCKS proxy)

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
If you want to tunnel the traffic it would be better to use VPN to your own network (home or work), and tunnel everything through VPN.
Yep, that's what I'm working on at the moment. Thank you.

hi, im using tor to get to my facebook account... and thnx to this great applet its perfect... only problem is i cant seem to get my facebook widget to validate my account... ne help??

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
I uploaded version 0.0.4-1 to extras-devel. This version adds a configuration dialog for bridge relays and a log viewer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Question: Does it handle IM (jabber/icq/that msn stuff) traffic?

Thanks for creating such a great application.

I am wondering if I would be able to tunnel SSH through Tor using this application. It does look like there is a service running locally on port 8118. A user may be able to use a SOCKS-enabled application to tunnel its traffic through Tor?

Also, what is this new "Bridge Relays" function available in the Tor application?

Thanks!

Tags
"tor story"