nice one
should be on the ovi store for sure

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovakia
Hello CepiPerez,

first of all, congratulations on your great work. Thank you for sharing this app with us. The things that I like on FlowPlayer (0.0.3) are:

- did not have any problem with my 4200+ MP3 collection that resides on my N9 (all of them are properly tagged with ID3V2.3 tags only)
- on its first run, it didn't need any time to "refresh" music library
- the interface is really quick, no lags at all (sometimes a bit too quick for me, but that just needs some getting used to)

And the bugs are:
- album art is not loaded for albums that have a "special" character in their name, I can confirm these: .,&<> (probably anything different from alphabet letters and numbers)
- when I choose the first song of a particular album and then tap on the next song button, it starts playing the last song, then I can't change a song in that album anymore using the previous/next buttons
- when a song comes to its end the player crashes (does not play a following song) - this is a showstopper as I can't use it

Suggestions:
- I would not hesitate to pay for this app if all of those above bugs are resolved and if you added a graphic equalizer (there isn't any usable music player for N9 that has it as far as I know)
- gapless MP3 playback (not really necessary, but would be nice)
- home screen controls (not really necessary, but would be nice)

The Following User Says Thank You to aiiz For This Useful Post:
album art is not loaded for albums that have a "special" character in their name, I can confirm these: .,&<> (probably anything different from alphabet letters and numbers)
Will probably be that nice file name bug I reported months ago and still not even answered.

home screen controls (not really necessary, but would be nice)
Not possible, only Nokia has the ability to add items in LockScreen aside notifications.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Thanks for the feedback!

Please can you test this version?
I've fixed playback issues
Special characters works fine for me, please let me know if the problem stills

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12134784/MEE....0.5_armel.deb

Also compilation albums with various artists should work fine
And some more changes I don't remember right now (I never made a changelog)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
thanks for adding support for compilation albums.
is it possible to have homescreen controls for the player or has nokia not eeleased the API for it yet.
thanks.

Nothing from nokia for homescreen yet, so it can't be done for now

Hi CepiPerez,

Great work, great improvement over 0.0.3:

Version 0.0.5:
- Playback issues corrected - I confirm
- Compilation albums with various artists work fine if tagged properly - I confirm

Bugs (0.0.5):
- Album art still missing from albums with album tag that contains: +<> (maybe more). This is tested, because I removed those from album name tag and after that the album art displays correctly.
- Library contains albums that no more exist in my N9 memory (album placeholder with or without album art but with no songs). Is it possible to refresh the library or somehow get rid of these remains (delete some configuration file etc.)? And the stock N9 music player doesn't display any missing albums.

Thanks again for your effort.

Can you give me an example of missings albums?
I have an album called "colouring book" and taged it as "colouring book <ep>" and it works. the tracker removes all inside "<>" for album art creation, same for "()".
About removed albums, it's a tracker problem. Let me see if removing some file it can be fixed, cause "tracker-control -r" fixes it but removes all the contacts and sms from database too.

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Can you give me an example of missings albums?
I have an album called "colouring book" and taged it as "colouring book <ep>" and it works. the tracker removes all inside "<>" for album art creation, same for "()".
Examples of problematic album names:
Tyranny >For You<
1+2

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
is it possible to add a shuffle function whereby either all songs across all albums can be shuffled. thanks for the good work.

Tags
covers, flowplayer, harmattan, meego, music